Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 06:38 AM   #1
africalass
Connoisseur
africalass began at the beginning.

Location: Various - sometimes UK, sometimes South Africa, sometimes other countries in Europe / Africa
Device: Windows Laptop; Kindle Keyboard; Hudl2 (Android), iPhone
Deleting in-book Searches, and Identical Books (Different Formats)

HI

I've recently downloaded Calibre and am seriously impressed. I have two questions that I haven't yet managed to find the answer to.

1. How do I get Calibre to recognise that two books are the same but in different formats? I have editted the meta-data for the two so that they are the same (author, title, tags, rating, publisher etc.) but I don't seem to get the option when opening of which format to view.

2. How do I delete/reset the search data in a book? I can see how to do it on the main library screen - but I mean on the top right of the ebook viewer. It seems to be the same set of search data for all books - so doesn't seem to be in that specific books metadata - but can't find a reset button.

Many thanks for any help!
africalass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:11 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by africalass View Post

1. How do I get Calibre to recognise that two books are the same but in different formats? I have editted the meta-data for the two so that they are the same (author, title, tags, rating, publisher etc.) but I don't seem to get the option when opening of which format to
You need to get both formats linked to the same book record. If you have an existing record then you can add/remove formats via the Edit Metadata dialog.

If you have two (or more) book records then you can merge them by selecting them and using the Merge option from the right-click menu.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 03:19 AM   #3
africalass
Connoisseur
africalass began at the beginning.

Location: Various - sometimes UK, sometimes South Africa, sometimes other countries in Europe / Africa
Device: Windows Laptop; Kindle Keyboard; Hudl2 (Android), iPhone
Thanks for that. I have merged my book records with no problems - and am really pleased.

Does anyone know how to delete the search data within books?

Many thanks.
africalass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you can't. Why do you care? New searches will gradually replace the old ones.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote