Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-30-2012, 02:33 AM   #1
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
KFHD: Question regarding ES File Manager use

I used the free Amazon app ES FileMgr to browse and select a sideloaded movie and played the .mp4 movie for a few minutes on the stock movie player app. It worked great, just beautiful. I paused the movie, went to the HOME screen and did something else. When I next opened ESFM, the movie started playing. I couldn't actually figure out how to stop it and had to delete the movie in order to use ESFM to look at other folders and files.

I opened books selected by ESFM in a similar manner and it worked as expected, without this problem.

I am probably doing something wrong? Perhaps I need to stop the movie player app explicitly? How is this done?

Thank you!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Just touch the Back button repeatedly until you are in the file explorer part and out of the video part.

Welcome to the world of Android. It sucks! To be honest, even Amazon Prime Videos look and play much better on my iPad3 than they do on my Fire HD. If my Fire HD wasn't the perfect size for reading and if it didn't have a terrific screen for reading, it would have been sent back on day 1. Reading is about the only thing it does well.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-30-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Advert
Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Hmm...that's good to know. I'll try using the Back button. Android is different, but I don't think I'll judge it only by the KFHD. I still prefer my eink kindles for reading, but I haven't tried to adjust the screen very much.

I'll get the SGP5 (and perhaps a Nexus 7 as well) in Jan. and see how vanilla android plays.

Thank you!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote