Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #706
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Kudos overdrive! The new view options are much better!
I love having the list view for when looking at a series and cover view when browsing quickly for new books. The Grid view will make others happy too.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #707
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
^^^^^^^ Oh my!!! List view is back!!!!!

Please, please don't let this be an April Fools joke!!!

And, YES, thankyou thankyou thankyou OverDrive!!!!!

DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #708
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1

Yay! So happy to see list view back!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #709
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Wow, totally missed it when I was on there earlier. Yeah! List view!!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #710
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
List view is okay; but I want Seattle view (that's my last library still doing it old school)
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #711
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
List view is a huge improvement and I am thrilled we now have the option.

It's still not as nice as the old layout. I have a couple of libraries that haven't made the change yet. With those libraries, I can tell without clicking on the book, what forms the audio and ebooks are in.

Thank you, Overdrive, for listening and making the list change option.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #712
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Wohoo

Wonderful. I love that on the list view I can now see at one glance how many copies are at the library and how long the hold list is. Fantastic.
And for those in series I saw, it gives me a clickable link to see the series.

All without having to click on each book one by one.

Well I am happy.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #713
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
When websites get too inconvenient to use, I generally stop using them and seek alternatives. That said, I don't find OverDrive's new design approaching the inconvenience factor.

With libraries, I generally don't browse content seeking something to read or listen to. I usually search for a particular book or author on my TBR list. If I can't find it, I move down the list and look for something else.

While the new design is "prettier", the old one was far more functional. Still, neither style would get me to use a library's website more or less often. OverDrive Search is my best friend when I'm looking for a book to read.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #714
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I want the cart back! What was so hard about everything disappears after 30 minutes (if they can't read, what are they doing on a library site in the first place?) Everybody uses the cart, and people should be familiar with culling items from their cart. Or do they just buy everything in the cart? I use it as a place holder. It was easier to see the items in the cart than having to click back to the bookshelf.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #715
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I want the cart back! What was so hard about everything disappears after 30 minutes (if they can't read, what are they doing on a library site in the first place?) Everybody uses the cart, and people should be familiar with culling items from their cart. Or do they just buy everything in the cart? I use it as a place holder. It was easier to see the items in the cart than having to click back to the bookshelf.
I know I saud the same thing but now I prefer the new method because you keep what you borrow. With the cart you lost everything if you didn't checkout but what's nice about the new method is I click borrow and the book stays in my Bookshelf waiting to be downloaded. I can return it at anytime and get my slot back instantly if I haven't downloaded it. No worries about being penalized with ADE for too many book returns.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #716
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
The old cart feature having a 30 or 60 minute time limit prevented accidental tying up of books for days or even weeks, so I like the old method better as well.

I clicked 'Borrow' on a book the other day but then continued to browse and completely forgot that I hadn't downloaded that one title. I got busy with other things and days later saw it in my bookshelf. My preference is set to a seven day checkout, but ostensibly I could have tied up that book for three weeks....eek. I felt bad, especially as it was a book with a waiting list.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #717
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I'm excited that Overdrive has listened to feedback and made improvements!

Another thing I would love to see. This has probably been mentioned before but who can review 48 pages? When I'm looking at my Holds screen, I see "You are user 10 out of 21 on the waiting list." But in order to see how many copies of that book the library owns, I have to click on the book. If I am 10th in line, and the library owns 1 copy, that means I can expect the book in around 20 weeks. But if the library owns 5 copies, that means I can expect the book in around 2 weeks.* So, without the number of copies on the Hold screen, the waiting list information is not very helpful.

*Someone will probably critique my math, but I think we can all agree that if the library owns 5 copies, I'm going to get my copy much faster than if the library owns 1 copy.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #718
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I'm excited that Overdrive has listened to feedback and made improvements!

Another thing I would love to see. This has probably been mentioned before but who can review 48 pages? When I'm looking at my Holds screen, I see "You are user 10 out of 21 on the waiting list." But in order to see how many copies of that book the library owns, I have to click on the book. If I am 10th in line, and the library owns 1 copy, that means I can expect the book in around 20 weeks. But if the library owns 5 copies, that means I can expect the book in around 2 weeks.* So, without the number of copies on the Hold screen, the waiting list information is not very helpful.

*Someone will probably critique my math, but I think we can all agree that if the library owns 5 copies, I'm going to get my copy much faster than if the library owns 1 copy.

eP
I totally agree with you although I have one title at BPL that has 1 of 1 for two months and seeing how loan period is 14 days either it's a glitch and there are more people than it's showing or my book is stuck.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #719
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I totally agree with you although I have one title at BPL that has 1 of 1 for two months and seeing how loan period is 14 days either it's a glitch and there are more people than it's showing or my book is stuck.
Is it a HarperCollins title? If so, it could be the number of checkouts ran out. I think sometimes it gets glitchy after that happens. Although oftentimes BPL (my ACTUAL HOME library, by the way!) re-buys after the 26 are up. Maybe even automatically.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #720
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Is it a HarperCollins title? If so, it could be the number of checkouts ran out. I think sometimes it gets glitchy after that happens. Although oftentimes BPL (my ACTUAL HOME library, by the way!) re-buys after the 26 are up. Maybe even automatically.

eP
No but I guess I will email them if it doesn't come up soon.