Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
LaLa4363
Enthusiast
LaLa4363 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Gen,iPod touch,iPad, iPhone 4
Exclamation PRS 900 backordered on Sony Site

The more I search this forum the more confused I am between buying the 600 and the 900. I am supposed to meet a craigslist seller tomorrow to buy the 600. However, yesterday I almost purchased the 900 from the Sony website. Now the 900 is bo until 2/1/10.
LaLa4363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
probably why it sells for $500+ on ebay.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 01:43 AM   #3
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
Stopped by Sony Plaza store in NYC today and they had bunch of them in stock. I bought one on the stop and ended up canceling my bestbuy order.
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:05 AM   #4
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
If it were me, I'd take the B.O. after all it is only a tad over two weeks. Is the hunger for the eBook in your hand so great that this wait would be unacceptable? If you attempt to get one out of Sony's channels you can be sure to cost more.
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:52 AM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
If the 600 is in good condition and you are getting it for a good deal you could test it out for 6 months and resell it to get back a good portion of your money to buy the 900. Just an idea.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
LaLa4363
Enthusiast
LaLa4363 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Gen,iPod touch,iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
If the 600 is in good condition and you are getting it for a good deal you could test it out for 6 months and resell it to get back a good portion of your money to buy the 900. Just an idea.

I didn't purchase the 600. I am so torn between the 600 and 900 I decided to wait. I like the size of the 600 but when I hear the reviews of the 900's screen clarity and contrast I can't decide which one I should choose.

Last edited by LaLa4363; 01-17-2010 at 12:02 PM.
LaLa4363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #7
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
if you can afford the 900...get the 900 and don't look back.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalex View Post
Stopped by Sony Plaza store in NYC today and they had bunch of them in stock. I bought one on the stop and ended up canceling my bestbuy order.
You were one of the lucky ones....they ran out
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote