Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #376
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
Yea, same here, I've never had an audible account but I am a Amazon customer. When I tried to redeem it, I got an error message stating I couldn't use the voucher.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #377
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Definitely very strange. I got the voucher, but when I attempted to use it, I got denied. Oh well...
They've offered these vouchers before. At least in my previous experience they will work for everyone ONCE. Even if you have an active Audible membership it will work, but once you've gotten one voucher you'll never be able to get another. At least, that is the way it USED to work...
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #378
Obliv
Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook Color
Yeah, it's disappointing but it takes like 5 seconds to make a new audible account and spend it. Only downside is the purchase is tied to a different account.

I found 2 books for ~$5 each that looked interesting but that I would probably have never bought myself, so thanks for the heads up!

Btw: any one notice how freaking expensive books on audible are without a membership... took a while to find something good for under $10 retail price... never really noticed retail price before!
Obliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #379
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Got an e-mail from Tantor this morning that all audiobooks are 50 percent off for the month of June.
Thanks for the tip - added to OP
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #380
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Amazon Local is running a deal today: Free $10 voucher to spend on Audible:

National: Free Voucher for $10 to Spend on Audiobooks from Audible.com
This deal is now over -- all vouchers have been claimed!
Advert
Old 06-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #381
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Downpour's free book this month is Pride and Prejudice. Use code pridefree
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #382
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Thanks - added to the OP

This is now my 4th copy of this book -- and all with different narrators: Carolyn Seymour, Flo Gibson, Lindsay Duncan, and Josephine Bailey.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #383
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Attention Star Trek geeks looking for excuses to try the classics:
This is read by Carolyn Seymour, whom I believe is THIS Carolyn Seymour.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #384
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Thank you for this! This might be my first ever audiobook
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #385
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliv View Post
Btw: any one notice how freaking expensive books on audible are without a membership... took a while to find something good for under $10 retail price... never really noticed retail price before!
That is the main reason I got a membership at audible. I started the Dresden Files series from my library, but after #5 they skipped to #8 and had no plans to buy the missing parts. I started searching and found they were around $28, but just $15 with a membership. The start of my addiction...

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #386
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmom03 View Post
That is the main reason I got a membership at audible. I started the Dresden Files series from my library, but after #5 they skipped to #8 and had no plans to buy the missing parts. I started searching and found they were around $28, but just $15 with a membership. The start of my addiction...
You can get one audiobook from Downpour for $6.95 -- details here
Old 06-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #387
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliv View Post
Most of the full retail prices on Audible are nothing compared to the cost of unabridged audiobooks back when you had to buy them on CD or Cassette and they were $45-$60+. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to pay the current retail prices either, but many have dropped a lot. I personally never pay more than the cost of an Audible credit ($11.48) for any book and quite often less.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #388
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
You can get one audiobook from Downpour for $6.95 -- details here
How did I not know this?

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #389
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmom03 View Post
How did I not know this?
YW

You can also get a monthly membership for $12.99 (1 credit) and can purchase as many additional credits as you want for $12.99 each.

Here's a brief comparison between the plans form Audible and Downpour:

Monthly Plans / Credit
  • $14.95 -- Audible
  • $12.99 -- Downpour
  • $11.48 -- Audible (2 credits for $22.95)
Annual Plans / Credit
  • $12.46 -- Audible (12 credits for $149.50)
  • $9.56 -- Audible (24 credits for $229.50)
Old 06-05-2013, 04:50 AM   #390
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

The following offers expire today: