Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 05:34 AM   #1
CptNe
CptNe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Curious if I bricked my Kindle 4 NT

I was uploading files to my Kindle thru calibre. The files were not showing up on the main menu of the Kindle so I restarted it as that solved a similar problem I'd had a few months ago. It loaded up the Kindle screen with the tree and the bar won't load past 1/4 of the way thru. I talked to Amazon and they said that it was dead. I don't have the money to drop on a new one.

Did I actually brick the thing? Are there anyways to fix it? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by CptNe; 11-17-2012 at 05:49 AM.
CptNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Sounds like a dead battery to me. Put it on a wall charger for several hours, then try rebooting it again.

Probably not relevant, but how many files were you loading from calibre?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
CptNe
CptNe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
5 at the time, I did charge it and now it's working again. Thank you.
CptNe is offline   Reply With Quote