Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #16
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
How?

I've linked 3 CC on my Amazon account, but the Kindles are tied up to one I think. Can you assign a different CC to the second Kindle?
Ah my mistake. I thought I remembered seeing different payment options besides the 1 click when I bought my last book via PC. Now that I look carefully there's nothing there.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #17
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Ah my mistake. I thought I remembered seeing different payment options besides the 1 click when I bought my last book via PC. Now that I look carefully there's nothing there.
You made me happy for a sec.! hahaha... not fair ....
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #18
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
You made me happy for a sec.! hahaha... not fair ....
Well I might make you happy again lol. This is what I found while Googling around.

"Using an Amazon Gift Card to buy content from the Kindle store is easy. Simply redeem the Gift Card to your Amazon.com account before you make a purchase. When you click the "Buy with 1-Click" button, any available Gift Card balance on your account will automatically be applied to the purchase before your credit or debit card is charged."

The only problem there is, if you have a $20 gift card, it'll keep using the gift card till it goes empty.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #19
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
@odiakkoh,

Hmmm... I see...is basically like a credit to your Amazon account. You keep using it until is gone...right? Like the 1st choice of payment before using the default CC. I could give a try. The Kindle can be register or de-register at will, anyway...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #20
robbw
Connoisseur
robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
EITHER way - get in the habit of stripping the DRM and you can move the books any way you want. The whole idea of moving Kindles back and forth between accounts is just silly, IMHO.
If DRM is stripped, is it still possible to sync a book among different reading platforms? I read on my K3, MacBook Pro, iPhone and occasionally K2. Would I still be able to sync to "last place read"? With an Amazon book? With a non-Amazon book--say Gutenberg?

Thanks
robbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #21
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
There is a way. You have to enter the ISBN number. I think this can be done on Mobi2Mobi and in Calibre. All it will do is sync the pages, I don't think it syncs notes and the like.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #22
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool maybe

Quote:
@odiakkoh,

Hmmm... I see...is basically like a credit to your Amazon account. You keep using it until is gone...right? Like the 1st choice of payment before using the default CC. I could give a try. The Kindle can be register or de-register at will, anyway...
maybe this will only work on kindle account purchases?
--
Alan
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #23
robbw
Connoisseur
robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
There is a way. You have to enter the ISBN number. I think this can be done on Mobi2Mobi and in Calibre. All it will do is sync the pages, I don't think it syncs notes and the like.
THANK you. I currently use Calibre, so I'll experiment with books that have ISBN. Too bad about highlighting and notes, though...
robbw is offline   Reply With Quote