Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
looking for one I can use for pdf maps

I play paper and pencil games.

Instead of taking all of my notebooks to a convention, I would love to find an ereader that would let me have that game session map on it, a list of what is in each room, etc.

A map in one folder, and a quick way to get to a pdf, in that or another folder, that lists the items in that mapped room.

Is there an e-ink ereader that could do this ?

I have a 5" Astak EZPro that sort of works for this, but the book marks don't seem to work well for me to jump quickly between documents. And zooming into the maps is kinda tedious.

Thanks.
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Any suggestions ?
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
I'm new here and don't actually have an e-reader yet myself but I've been researching a lot about them lately. I'm about 99% convinced I'm going with a Sony 650. It will handle pdf's and even let you mark them up onscreen, from what I understand.
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
Joebill
Fanatic

Any more suggestions ? The gift buying season is upon us.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
PocketBook software allows you to jump from the book/file you are in to any of the last 10 books/files you have read. If you like 6 inch then perhaps a new PB 602 or the earlier 301+ model( There are some in Pink available).

You might also want to try the 902 which will be shipping int he US in a few days. 9.7 inch Eink display for a penny under $300. Follow the link in my signature for more info or to order and you should also do some reading in the PocketBook forum https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=206
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #6
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
Yes, for large, mainly-image pdfs, 9.7inch e-readers are probably top. The 902 and Kindle DX are both something to consider!
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:29 AM   #7
Joebill
Fanatic

Not much in the way of large ereaders on sale in my area. I did drop by Khols and buy a Pandigital Novel 6", upgraded the firmware. Paid $150 for it.

It takes the same sd cards I bought for my previous ereader.

I won't be using the wifi, nor email, capability.

The only issue I see is it does a 'small token' of each first page, instead of a list, which makes it a bit harder to figure which book is which. Of course, that is likely due to it being a touch screen. Yeah, I didn't want to buy a touch screen. But I think I will like this ereader.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'd be far, far better of with something like an iPad or an Android tablet for a task such as this. Maps are much better viewed in colour.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #9
Joebill
Fanatic

I can make them in b&w. The software I use is good at using various settings that are fairly easy to configure.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:57 PM   #10
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
I just bought the 7" Pandigital Novel from Kohl's 3 weeks ago. I have found that the PANDIGITAL NOVEL 7" works great for PDFs - I like to view real estate plat maps and other PDF non ebook files for my side business, and like the way it enlarges the files for ease of reading.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote