Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
cunninglinguist
cunninglinguist began at the beginning.

Device: asus tf700
Can't connect Calibre server to Asus TF700 ...

MX and other progs download fine

BUT, even with firewall and antivirus disabled and the tablet showing I'm connected, when I try to download Calibre from Playstore I get a message saying

"Can't connect to server: with a choice of Help or Settings (which are in default).

Running Win7 and wireless peripherals all function fine.

I find no help in the tablet manual. Which, if any, setting might I have to change?

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited by cunninglinguist; 09-01-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: adding information
cunninglinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunninglinguist View Post
MX and other progs download fine

BUT, even with firewall and antivirus disabled and the tablet showing I'm connected, when I try to download Calibre from Playstore I get a message saying

"Can't connect to server: with a choice of Help or Settings (which are in default).

Running Win7 and wireless peripherals all function fine.

I find no help in the tablet manual. Which, if any, setting might I have to change?

Any help much appreciated.
PLAYSTORE That is NOT the official site.
Warning: Possible Malware

There is nothing special about Calibre file Download page.
It is a standard HTTP download.

Do NOT use a 'download accelerator'
and what the is MX
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunninglinguist View Post
BUT, even with firewall and antivirus disabled and the tablet showing I'm connected, when I try to download Calibre from Playstore I get a message
You need to be more specific what program you are trying to use. While there are programs in the Playstore that connect to calibre, Calibre itself is not an Android program. At the risk of repeating myself what program are you trying to download?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote