Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
cubemike99
Enthusiast
cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindlet Dev SOS: Main class not found

I'd love to attempt to write a Picross kindlet, but I can't even get a basic "Hello World" to run. However I try to package it, I get a "Main class not found" error. What the heck am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

FYI, I'm on a Paperwhite running 5.3.3.

Here is the current version of my kindlet: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dbvb7oxe1eddne0
cubemike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
err

I'm no expert... but is your err... Package right?

I attached a piccy of a working building thingy. that look familiar?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_084.png
Views:	257
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	100960  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubemike99 View Post
I'd love to attempt to write a Picross kindlet, but I can't even get a basic "Hello World" to run. However I try to package it, I get a "Main class not found" error. What the heck am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

FYI, I'm on a Paperwhite running 5.3.3.

Here is the current version of my kindlet: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dbvb7oxe1eddne0
Which Hello world. From where. Building with what. Eclipse? Ant?

What OS. Do you know java? etc...

I looked at your package.

Main-Class: HelloTest.Main

shouldnt that be at least... HelloTest/Main.class

I dont see a file named HelloTest.Main ?

stuff like that.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
cubemike99
Enthusiast
cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It's my own version of a hello world. I'm on Ubuntu without an IDE. And as to the Main-Class, package folders are separated by dots, not slashes, wherever I've seen them.
cubemike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
twobob

Right. fair enough.

I'm not arguing. point it at a file that exists then.

There are several hello worlds out there. not to mention a few decent example fuller apps and big long wiki entry.

I have written a fair few test kindlets now. basic but they ran. on a 3 and 5.
That misdirected call the the main class is the first glaring error. Hope that helps.
Advert
Old 02-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #6
twobob

This and this are the kind of thing I am talking about... looks like your issue kinda.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=43

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=44
Old 02-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #7
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
First: *use* an IDE. They're good.

Second: package names should be all lowercase, not camel-case. This might be the reason why your program fails (but probably isn't).

Third: You're not overriding any of the methods of AbstractKindlet. So even if your Kindlet did start, it wouldn't do anything.

Fourth: Otherwise, your META-INF/MANIFEST.MF looks ok (at first glance), but I don't have any device around right now to do further testing. Fix the abovementioned problems first...

And, as twobob said, you might be better off starting from a known-working hello world example.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
cat > helloworld.java
Real programmers do it this way.
^D
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote