Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
wildchild06241
wildchild06241 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 I
Exclamation Unknown hacks

Apparently when I was getting to know my Kindle 2 I after Christmas I downloaded and installed hacked fonts. I don't know where I got them and can't find the files to uninstall them. Because of this I am stuck at version 2.3 and can't update. I don't know anything about scripts and log files. Can anyone help me?
wildchild06241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
wildchild06241
wildchild06241 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 I
I just fond a new document on my Kindle 2 I that said all logs as of Thu Jun 24. It's really long. I haven't a clue what it means.
wildchild06241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Is there anything at all resembling something having the silghtest thing to do with a font hack in this log file?

Because without more info, we can't really do anything to properly uninstall it. We may be able to create an uninstaller removing most of the things common to most of the fonts hack, but it wouldn't be perfect, and more importantly, not guaranteed to be safe.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
When you go to Settings, what version does it say you have? Some of the hacks ID themselves in the version number/build info.

Are there any files (not folders) in the root directory? Some hacks put info here that can help you figure out what you've done.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote