Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-20-2013, 05:01 AM   #1
gioele
gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Firmware 2.5.0 broke dictionary lookup for you as well?

Since I updated to firmware 2.5.0 I found that it is no longer possible to edit the word being searched or translated.

Before I would do this:
  1. select a word,
  2. select "Translation",
  3. see that there is no translation for that word,
  4. press on the right arrow ("<-") in the top-left corner,
  5. edit the word,
  6. press "Search"
  7. get the definition or translation of the word

Now, when I press on the right arrow, I go back to the text of the book;the editing interface with the keyboard is not shown anymore.

This is big drawback for me as I often stumble upon composed words (German, French) that the dictionary does not know.
gioele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Someone reported that yesterday, and I see it happening on both my Glo and Touch.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Yeah, that was me...

Agree...quite annoying having to go into the dictionary and type out the full word...especially if it is as you say, a foreign word that you have to memorize the spelling for.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
Tiburscyo
Tiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
for me it's the same and the fully portuguese dictionary doesn't work. I send an email for Kobo Support and wait for a feedback or a new firmware version.

Solution for now (at least for me): back manually to 2.4.0 firmware
Tiburscyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
mjost
mjost began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
Agree...quite annoying having to go into the dictionary and type out the full word...especially if it is as you say, a foreign word that you have to memorize the spelling for.
Same for me.
Funny thing: If you type the word in the dictionary, explicitely opened via the "book"-icon, the '<--'-button is working.
It just doesn't work, when you open a dictionary entry via a long tap on a word.

.. and yes, this is annoying and I'd like to see this fixed.

Regards

Martin
mjost is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert