Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
Ravenswd
Enthusiast
Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 7"
Keyboard in Landscape Mode

I have a Kindle Fire HD 7". I want to use it for writing, so I have Jota installed, and I have tried several keyboards. In portrait mode, there is a black bar at the bottom of the screen which contains the Home, Back, Search, and Fave icons. The keyboard sits right above that bar.

In landscape mode, that bar is on the right-hand edge of the screen, and it covers part of the keyboard. Every keyboard I've tried suffers from this. On most of them, the "P" key is almost completely obscured. There doesn't seem to be any way to get that bar to go away, and none of the keyboards offer an option to make themselves narrower to avoid this. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of a solution? Thanks.
Ravenswd is offline   Reply With Quote