Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-04-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
ouais32
ouais32 began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Question Add new icons to the toolbar

Hi,

Is there any way to add new icons to the toolbar ? (new PNG image, new icon ID)

I found the file toolbar.xml which contains declaration of all toolbar icons.
I added a new icon to this file but nothing happened. I copied the file to different locations, rebooted iLiad many times.
In order to append the icon to the toolbar, I call tbAppendPlatformIcon with the icon ID "iconID_forward + 1" (i.e. 67) and it shows :
"(W)mb-applet-icon-container.c:193,doAppendPlatformIcon() Illegal arguments: uaID (1), iconID (67), nIcons (67)"
nIcons always equals 67, no matter how many icons I add to toolbar.xml.

Also, I saw that the header liberipc/eripctoolbar.h contains enum of all icons IDs.
As we can't rebuild that, we will not be able to add any icon to the toolbar ?

Thanks
ouais32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I'm not sure in what program you're trying to do this, or in the general contentlister.

But it should be possible in 3rd party programs. The community iPDF with bookmark support does this. Take a look at that code to see how.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
ouais32
ouais32 began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
I'm trying to do this in iPDF.
For bookmark support, new icons are actually already existing ones : iconID_bookmark and iconID_sort
Their IDs are in the header liberipc/eripctoolbar.h
ouais32 is offline   Reply With Quote