Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 05:37 AM   #361
_Sara
_Sara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi

When I try to run the jailbreak document on my kindle PW I can't get it to detect my finger touch at the corner point...
I've been pressing and holding my thumb repeatedly at the point at the screen where I'm supposed to press and hold it (for the last 1½ hour!), but nothing happens I even saw the youtubevideo a couple of times to make sure that I'm doing the pressing thing the right way.

I downgraded my KPW to vers. 5.3.1, and installed the documents correctly where I'm supposed to as it said in the readme file...
Any ideas on how I can get it to work?

Thank you in advance.
/Sara

Ps. It's my first time jailbreaking so I'm a noob.
_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:53 AM   #362
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thank you very much, ixtab! I just followed all the instructions blindly, and somehow managed to get everything working Installed JBPatch as well, works great!

Now on to the Screensaver hack, which seems a little bit more complicated (to me anyway)

Thank you again!
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #363
peter24
peter24 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sara View Post
Hi

When I try to run the jailbreak document on my kindle PW I can't get it to detect my finger touch at the corner point...
I've been pressing and holding my thumb repeatedly at the point at the screen where I'm supposed to press and hold it (for the last 1½ hour!), but nothing happens I even saw the youtubevideo a couple of times to make sure that I'm doing the pressing thing the right way.

I downgraded my KPW to vers. 5.3.1, and installed the documents correctly where I'm supposed to as it said in the readme file...
Any ideas on how I can get it to work?

Thank you in advance.
/Sara

Ps. It's my first time jailbreaking so I'm a noob.
I am pretty sure you did not follow exactly the instructions, most likely you did not install 1 or the other file in the correct directory. Try again
peter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #364
MertTheGreat
MertTheGreat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
hi,
I couldn't understand clearly how to downgrade, can somebody explain it to me please
MertTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #365
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MertTheGreat View Post
hi,
I couldn't understand clearly how to downgrade, can somebody explain it to me please
Just install the earlier firmware version, Amazon "update" bundle - it does not check to see if it is actually "downgrading" the device.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:10 AM   #366
myname70
myname70 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW
epub

Hi Guys, I have 5.3.3 Jailbreaked and JBpatched. Is there way to open and read epub formats directly on my K5 without Coolreader (it is buggy and does not work well on K5). Thanks
myname70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:40 AM   #367
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by myname70 View Post
Hi Guys, I have 5.3.3 Jailbreaked and JBpatched. Is there way to open and read epub formats directly on my K5 without Coolreader (it is buggy and does not work well on K5). Thanks
Check out KUAL Once you have it installed, you can add Hacked Up Reader which can let you read epub as well as a bunch of other file formats

Disclaimer: I have KUAL but I haven't tried Hacked Up Reader yet.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #368
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Touch
Is it possible to make the jailbreak in Kindle Touch with new version 5.3.2 and having the NoAdsPatch with JBpatck?
victor_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #369
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor_2203 View Post
Is it possible to make the jailbreak in Kindle Touch with new version 5.3.2 and having the NoAdsPatch with JBpatck?
No. If you want to remove the Special Offers, contact Amazon.

Last edited by ixtab; 02-24-2013 at 10:08 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #370
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
No. If you want to remove the Special Offers, contact Amazon.
And what's the reason because of it's impossible to disable Special Offers from the new version 5.3.2 with the JBPatch? Is it technically impossible adapt/develop the com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.NoAdsPatch for the new version of firmware?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #371
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
And what's the reason because of it's impossible to disable Special Offers from the new version 5.3.2 with the JBPatch? Is it technically impossible adapt/develop the com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.NoAdsPatch for the new version of firmware?
Follow the link titled: NO in that post you quoted please.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #372
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Quote:
And what's the reason because of it's impossible to disable Special Offers from the new version 5.3.2 with the JBPatch? Is it technically impossible adapt/develop the com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.NoAdsPatch for the new version of firmw
Actually, I think it is because that could be considered theft. If you don't want the ads you can *buy* the adfree version.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #373
victor_2203
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Follow the link titled: NO in that post you quoted please.
What's the correct thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Actually, I think it is because that could be considered theft. If you don't want the ads you can *buy* the adfree version.
However it wasn't considered theft few months ago when the NoAdsPatch was developed.

Last edited by victor_2203; 02-24-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #374
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
No, it's not technically impossible. You can do it for yourself if you want. (And before you ask: no, I didn't, and have no interest in doing it.)

However, while you're free to do this, you're not allowed to publicly discuss this topic on mobileread anymore, due to this policy, which went into effect in December, and which constitutes a consensus between leading developers and site moderators and administrators.

Please adhere to that policy, as everybody else does.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #375
victor_2203
Connoisseur

Ok, sorry.
I didn't know about the new policy of the site.