Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 03:03 AM   #1
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
ADE not deleting books

Hi all

I've just started using Calibre and when I imported my ADE library I found that it included all the public library books I've borrowed over the past couple of years. This is despite me having deleted them from the ADE user interface. Is this normal? Am I going to have to manually delete the old files every time I return books to the library? Would these files be viable if I stripped DRM? There were a few I never got around to finishing...

Thanks
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:17 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
ADE never truly deletes my library "returns" either.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehane View Post
Is this normal?
Yes

Quote:
Am I going to have to manually delete the old files every time I return books to the library?
Yes

Quote:
Would these files be viable if I stripped DRM? There were a few I never got around to finishing...
and Yes.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehane View Post
Hi all

I've just started using Calibre and when I imported my ADE library I found that it included all the public library books I've borrowed over the past couple of years. This is despite me having deleted them from the ADE user interface. Is this normal? Am I going to have to manually delete the old files every time I return books to the library? Would these files be viable if I stripped DRM? There were a few I never got around to finishing...

Thanks
If ADE truly deleted the book, you would also lose any bookmarks and notations.
An 'expired' book, could be re-activated in some future and those would again, be available.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
They stay on your computer even when Expired BUT You lose the Lic. Need to recheck them out to actually read them. Or stripe them. You need to go into your computer to truely remove them.

I dont mind people stripping DRM from ebooks they Purchase! BUT PLEASE DONT do that to Library eBooks! Its Not right no more than you not returning a HB or PB you borrow from the Library!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote