Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
rjpawlak
Enthusiast
rjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Nook STR and Nook Tablet
Subscription problem

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with subscriptions on their PRS-900. I have a subscription to the NYT, and for the past two days, my issues have failed to download. Wireless is on, battery is charged, and there is plenty of room on the device.

When I contacted Sony, they told me to try back in an hour. That was many, many hours ago.

Bob
rjpawlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I have the same problem. I have been unable to download either the FT or WSJ for the past two days. I tried with the PC software as well, and it failed - it gives a 'Completed - Downloaded 0 of 1 files' message every time I try.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
CLBinTX
CLBinTX began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900 & Apple iPad
Subscriptions is a model that still seems to need some work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
I have the same problem. I have been unable to download either the FT or WSJ for the past two days. I tried with the PC software as well, and it failed - it gives a 'Completed - Downloaded 0 of 1 files' message every time I try.
Hello All!

Wasn't sure how you were defining "past two days"....

The Friday edition of WSJ (July 16) was pushed to my 900 just fine but the Saturday edition was not. Have not tried to manually pull it from the device or the Sony reader software as of yet.

To the OP....I often have problems getting the NYT from the site. Probably haven't subscribed to it for that very reason. That & the fact that I really only like to ready the Sunday edition, I suppose...

To all....has anyone subscribed to to more than one newspaper/periodical & had them successfully pushed to their reader? I subscribe to two. One pushes just fine....well, most of the time. The other I always have to go get myself.
CLBinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
rjpawlak
Enthusiast
rjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Nook STR and Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
Yes - tried from the PC as well. Would be nice to know when they will get it fixed...

Bob
rjpawlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLBinTX View Post
Hello All!

Wasn't sure how you were defining "past two days"....

The Friday edition of WSJ (July 16) was pushed to my 900 just fine but the Saturday edition was not. Have not tried to manually pull it from the device or the Sony reader software as of yet.

To the OP....I often have problems getting the NYT from the site. Probably haven't subscribed to it for that very reason. That & the fact that I really only like to ready the Sunday edition, I suppose...

To all....has anyone subscribed to to more than one newspaper/periodical & had them successfully pushed to their reader? I subscribe to two. One pushes just fine....well, most of the time. The other I always have to go get myself.
Yes, I am subscribed to both FT and WSJ. Most days, I get both pushed to my device. Occasionally, one or both will fail and I will have to go get them through my PC. Even more rarely - yet it has happened - I just can't get them, either because they are just not there on the list (has happened once or twice around holidays, despite the fact that the newspapers should have been available) or because they won't download.

In short... most of the time it seems to work fine. But 'occasional' problems seem to pop up a bit too often for my taste...
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
new york times, nyt, sony, subscription