Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
DebraSeattleGrrl
DebraSeattleGrrl doesn't litterDebraSeattleGrrl doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Thumbs up Hi from Seattle!

Hey everybody!

Like the name suggests, I live in Seattle, my favorite city. I love it this place. I moved here several years ago and can't imagine living elsewhere. I enjoy all the little nuances and attractions, in fact, I held my wedding at the Space Needle. Every time I see a picture of it, I think about my husband.

Currently, I'm fighting cancer - Grrrr. I'm gonna win. Period.

I have:
the most amazing and supportive husband,
a renewed passion for life
learned to laugh at myself,
finally begun writing my first book
more to add to this list.

DebraSeattleGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome Debra, to MobileRead.

You WILL beat this cancer.

My husband has beat it THREE times, and he's probably a lot older than you! (72)

Keep the positive attitude, and God be with you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Welcome, DebraSeattleGrrl. That is a lovely country. I spent 3 years in the Air Force near there. But watch out if Mt. Rainier blows its top. You'll be wiped out. All-in-all, I'd move back there if I could. It was the nicest place I ever lived. I did miss the seasonal changes and good old Southern thunderstorms though.

Enjoy your reading and make sure to study over all the good data at Mobileread.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
DebraSeattleGrrl

Wink

Thank you for the kind words of support DesertGrandma!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
DebraSeattleGrrl

Smile

Thanks for the welcome slayda! I'll keep my eyes on Rainier.
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
sunflower42479
sunflower42479 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Welcome from down in Oregon!
sunflower42479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi DebraSeattleGrrl and welcome to MobileRead. If I can beat cancer, so can you!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Hiya from another "Debra"! (and not the dread Deborah version )

So sad about the cancer, but I'm glad you have a Kindle to read while you are waiting on things to happen. Lots of great classics right here on this site, that you can download for free!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote