Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 05-10-2021, 09:21 AM   #1
huotg01
Enthusiast
huotg01 began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader, Xiaomi Note 10
GUI, how to propose more than 1 library ?

Hi

Sorry if it is obvious, but I don't see how to propose more than one library when using the GUI interface. Are we limited to one ?

Could someone guide me to the solution ?

Thanks

Gaston
huotg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:14 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You are using the Content Server? The home screen displays the Logged in USERS available libraries. (see attachment sample)

Preferences: Sharing over the net: User Accounts (a tab) sets the rights
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhichLib.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	187043  
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:36 PM   #3
huotg01
Enthusiast

Thanks @theducks

In fact, I don't want to restrict access on a per user basis.

I just want, by default, to present 2 libraries when the user log in.

Please see the attached screenshot. After the login, the user is presented with the question: "Choose the Calibre Library to display". Now, there is just one choice If I clic on "Calibre Library", it will display all the books in the library. I want to keep this one, but offer another virtual library (eg: french library, English Library, etc).

Is it possible ?

Thanks,

Gaston
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Calibre-1.png
Views:	195
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	187049  

Last edited by huotg01; 05-10-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:12 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Choose a VL is under the 'More Actions' menu (3 vertical dots) on far right of the chosen Library.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 01:53 PM   #5
huotg01
Enthusiast

Thanks again

I think my question was not very clear.

When I login with the web interface, I am presented with the window Calibre-1

I would like to know if it is possible, at login, to get what is displayed on Calibre-2 ? I mean, upfront, display a list of libraries as in the second pictureé (Calibre-2)

Thanks again for your time and patience.

Gaston
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Calibre-1.png
Views:	180
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	187075   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre-2.png
Views:	193
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	187076  
Old 05-11-2021, 02:15 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If you have multiple calibre libraries, they will show on the content server home screen. If you have virtual libraries, the user will have to select a library and then select the virtual library from the More Actions dropdown. You could easily enough split your library into two libraries, one for English, one for French books. See attached image for my 3 library setup (Main is pretty much all books, Intake is where new books land until the metadata, editing, etc. is done and Holder is where books that are temporary downloads that I am looking at end up)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	calibre_libraries.png
Views:	199
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	187079  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 02:39 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If you have multiple calibre libraries, they will show on the content server home screen.
This is true if those libraries have been opened in the past and either a) the server is started from the GUI or b) the server is started using the same configuration directory calibre GUI uses. If it is started from the command line with some other configuration director then the libraries must be added to the command line parameters. See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...re-server.html

Last edited by chaley; 05-11-2021 at 02:41 PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:51 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This is true if those libraries have been opened in the past and either a) the server is started from the GUI or b) the server is started using the same configuration directory calibre GUI uses. If it is started from the command line with some other configuration director then the libraries must be added to the command line parameters. See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...re-server.html
I didn't bother with the CLI options since the OP mentioned GUI. Though looking at the original message, it's not certain if he means the calibre GUI or the content server web GUI.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:46 PM   #9
huotg01
Enthusiast

Sorry for the question not being very clear... It was related to the content server web GUI.

Thanks to all of you. I now have a better understanding of what could be done, and how to do it.

Regards,

Gaston Huot

Tags
gui, libraries