Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: September 2010 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins 15 16.48%
Killing Floor by Lee Child 20 21.98%
Boston Blackie by Jack Boyle 6 6.59%
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky 12 13.19%
Raffles: The Amateur Cracksman by E.W. Horning 8 8.79%
Skinwalkers by Tony Hillerman 8 8.79%
Fer-de-Lance by Rex Stout 7 7.69%
Fingersmith by Sarah Waters 6 6.59%
White Seed: The Untold Story of the Lost Colony of Roanoke by MR member Paul Clayton 6 6.59%
The Tin Roof Blowdown: A Dave Robicheaux Novel by James Lee Burke 3 3.30%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #106
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
And the author doesn't wallow in the description. No more of the gore than is necessary to say that it's there. I don't need to picture it in my head, if I prefer not to.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #107
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Sorry I missed the poll - I would have gone Fingersmith, it being the only book on the list that I've read before!
The eBook appears to be US only?

Last edited by AprilHare; 09-14-2010 at 09:08 PM.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #108
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Sorry I missed the poll - I would have gone Fingersmith, it being the only book on the list that I've read before!
The eBook appears to be US only?
http://ebooks.whsmith.co.uk/18978821...0-FAEBC2868784

And it is available in AU. So there you go. Now you can buy your copy and start enjoying.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #109
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

And it is available in AU. So there you go. Now you can buy your copy and start enjoying.
That's Killing Floor. Was after Fingersmith. Killing Floor is good too
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #110
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
That's Killing Floor. Was after Fingersmith. Killing Floor is good too
Oh, I misread. Sorry. But I do think this month's book is quite good. I'm happy it won as I did just finish it before it won.
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 03:13 AM   #111
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Could someone point out where I can buy an eBook of this month's winner?

Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:27 AM   #112
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

Thanks!
I am not sure where you like to purchase, so here is the search result for the book.

Killing Floor by Lee Child - Inkmesh search
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #113
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

Thanks!
Why right here of course...

or here

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...8073&v=details

And even here

http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...ook29/6994582/

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-17-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:33 AM   #114
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thank you!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #115
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thank you!
I hope you like it.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:07 AM   #116
Paul Clayton
Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Paul Clayton is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: laptop
Hello all,

I just wanted to thank you all for considering my novel, White Seed, for your Book Club read. I am flattered, and grateful for the attention. Best!
Paul Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote