Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Was the Giza pyramid a landing platform for Goa'uld motherships?

And all the ancient gods endoparasitic eel thingies living in human hosts, except for the Norse gods, who were holographic projections made by Little Grey Men from a different galaxy and they had these wormhole gates that they used to move around this galaxy for 10 seasons and figured out how to open a gate to another galaxy and stay there for 5 seasons and right now get trapped on a ship several galaxies away and maybe it all involves MacGyver in some way?

I'm not saying that it is true, but it is an interesting theory.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
it's on the internet - it must be true ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Sounds reasonable to me. After all, nobody knows why the third step from the bottom has a slight dent on the east-facing side. This is obviously a proof that aliens used it for landing.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Stargate is awesome!

Though if this a dig at the power plant thread, that has nothing to do with Aliens, people are making it about that but it is notthing of the sort.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I took SG-U off my DVR subscriptions. Let me know if it ever develops anything interesting. Same for Caprica.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I have it on good authority that most sci fi shows of that nature are, in fact, true. What happens is that the government leaks the facts to the producers and writers. That way, when someone stumbles on the truth, the government can just look at them and say "I think you watch too much TV".
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #7
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
Though if this a dig at the power plant thread, that has nothing to do with Aliens, people are making it about that but it is notthing of the sort.
Yes, but the idea is just as stupid.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I took SG-U off my DVR subscriptions. Let me know if it ever develops anything interesting. Same for Caprica.
SGU had a slow start, and obviously has a different tone than SG1 or SGA, but I'm liking it a lot the last few episodes. (FWIW, I hated SGA and still haven't watched all of the episodes.)
Old 04-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #9
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I have it on good authority that most sci fi shows of that nature are, in fact, true. What happens is that the government leaks the facts to the producers and writers. That way, when someone stumbles on the truth, the government can just look at them and say "I think you watch too much TV".
Loved those "self-parody" episodes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole_X-Treme!

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Wormh..._%28episode%29
Old 04-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #10
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post

GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Me, too!
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Yes, but the idea is just as stupid.

Granted, I just thought it was interesting theory, I don't believe in it, but interesting concept.

That is why I want to check out the book to see if it is as far out as it seems, or if it is being overblown.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #13
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
MacGyver you say?

*Never gets old *
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #14
Ham88
Zealot
Ham88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Ectaco Jetbook
DUH..... its the only possible explanation. Now I have to run and finish putting together my tinfoil hats. BTW I <3 SG.
Ham88 is offline   Reply With Quote