Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
schnerd
schnerd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
"book unsupported" after adding new?

I just added new books to my kindle1 via my computer (which I have done before) and now when I try to open any book I get a box reading "The book you have opened is unsupported!"
Any ideas on what to do? I have Sync'd and checked for new; turned it off and taken the battery out; and just left it off for periods of time.
Thanks
schnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Seems as though you have tried everything. Time to call Customer Support. Calling is better than emailing, and they are usually very good at helping. Good luck.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
Ken Carr
Ken Carr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Remove the back of the Kindle and do a reset.
That will fix make it so you can read the new book and others.

When this happens to me all the books become "unsupported".
Ken Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Sounds like one of the new book files might be corrupt, too.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote