Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
non-techie has techie ?

I copied a ton of stuff from my laptop onto a Verbatim flash drive. Well, now the flashdrive is telling me it's "write-protected." So I can't do anything with it. There is no write protection switch on the flash drive. I've gone into the files and clicked on "properties' and many of the files and folders show that they're checked "read only" (and btw it seems to be a grayed-out sort of check mark) but when I remove the checkmark, "apply" it etc and check back on the selfsame file or folder the "read only" is still there. I've also done a "fix." And I've gone into the regsitry and tried this:

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/4214-remov...a-the-registry

but I have no "StorageDevicePolicies" and don't feel like screwing up the registry.

Anyway, I know this is all kind of vague, but I figured I'd throw it out there in case anybody had any ideas for me. Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
Try this: http://www.ghacks.net/2011/03/18/how...under-windows/

When you have a computer question, often the quickest and easiest way to find a solution is to do a general Google/Yahoo/Bing/ixquick/whatever search -- which is how I found this link, among others that came up. If you don't find the answer on your first search, try altering your search terms.
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under the Covers View Post
Try this: http://www.ghacks.net/2011/03/18/how...under-windows/

When you have a computer question, often the quickest and easiest way to find a solution is to do a general Google/Yahoo/Bing/ixquick/whatever search -- which is how I found this link, among others that came up. If you don't find the answer on your first search, try altering your search terms.
Thanks Under the Covers, That looks like a really good link.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote