Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-19-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Now that Bookeen's Paris Expo attendance is over...

Maybe they'll make some announcements here and on their blog concerning the (soon, to be fervently hoped) upcoming firmware update.

http://bookeen.blogspot.com/

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Now the show is over and they've sold all their stock, the next deliveries are expected in May 2008 !!!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
billyad2000
Enthusiast
billyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with others

Device: Cybook Gen3
Due to continuing heavy customer demand, Cybook Gen3 is sold out again. Because orders are prioritized on a first-come, first-served basis, please order now to reserve your place in line. We will e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Please note that in all cases your Cybook Gen3 will not arrive before May 2008 and that your credit card will be automatically charged upon order.

I ordered mine on the 5th of March and have yet to recieve it. I am hoping that the above statement refers to all new orders. But the part highlighted in bold above suggests that this includes pending orders. The only communication I've had was from Cluster21 and in french. I don't read french but when put through a translator then the first paragraph said -
"Your reader is in the course of sending."

Does anyone know if this means my Cybook is on the way, or if cluster21 has just been told of my order.

Going to Email them now - if my order has been put back to May then I will be cancelling and will buy a Sony in April when they are released here.
billyad2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:30 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyad2000 View Post
The only communication I've had was from Cluster21 and in french. I don't read french but when put through a translator then the first paragraph said -
"Your reader is in the course of sending."

Does anyone know if this means my Cybook is on the way, or if cluster21 has just been told of my order.
if you copy the original french text, i'm sure there are plenty of people around here who would be happy to give you a (more reliable) translation.

especially since there are probably others in your situation...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #5
billyad2000
Enthusiast
billyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with others

I wold appreciate that

The Email I was received was as follows, it appeared to contain an activation code, i've edited it out since I dont know what it is.

Bonjour,

Merci pour votre commande. Votre lecteur est en cours d'envoi. Nous vous
détaillons ci-dessous la procédure pour récupérer les livres au format
ebook et les installer ensuite sur votre lecteur.

L'installation des ebooks par un PC ou Mac est détaillée en ligne à
l'adresse : http://www.cluster21.com/blog/ebook/...ion_des_ebooks

Sur PC, il convient d'installer le reader Mobipocket, de créer son
compte, de récupérer les ebooks automatiquement et de connecter le
lecteur pour transfert automatique des ebooks. Vous pourrez ensuite
consulter les livres aussi bien sur PC que sur le lecteur epaper.

Le code d'activation à rentrer est :

Comme nous en sommes au début du lancement de notre pack eBook
Cluster21, d'une part n'hésitez pas à nous contacter pour questions,
problèmes, suggestions... Et d'autre part nous serons ravi d'avoir vos
impressions après votre début d'utilisation de ce pack. Merci d'avance.

Pour nous écrire : mailto:ebook@cluster21.com

Salutations
Cluster21

Can anyone tell me what this is about?
Advert
Old 03-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #6
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
The bulk of the email is about how to transfer files to the Cybook, installing and registering Mobipocket, etc. The only detail about delivery is "your reader is being sent".

They don't say when, and "en cours d'envoi" isn't past tense (has been sent). It's ambiguous, in any language, but I get the impression yours is on the way. I'd certainly ask for clarification, however. Ask them when it left them, what carrier, tracking number, and so on.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
From "Votre lecteur est en cours d'envoi" I understand that they have it in stock and will be sending it shortly. But of course, that could also mean that they have received the order and will process it in due time. I would favour this last interpretation if that was the message you received upon placing the order, as a (semi-)automated reply.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #8
billyad2000
Enthusiast

Ok - Thanks for the speedy reply.
I recieved the email 5 days ago, several weeks after placing the order.

If only Bookeen replied to Emails that fast
Old 03-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyad2000 View Post
I wold appreciate that

The Email I was received was as follows, it appeared to contain an activation code, i've edited it out since I dont know what it is.

Bonjour,

Merci pour votre commande. Votre lecteur est en cours d'envoi. Nous vous
détaillons ci-dessous la procédure pour récupérer les livres au format
ebook et les installer ensuite sur votre lecteur.

L'installation des ebooks par un PC ou Mac est détaillée en ligne à
l'adresse : http://www.cluster21.com/blog/ebook/...ion_des_ebooks

Sur PC, il convient d'installer le reader Mobipocket, de créer son
compte, de récupérer les ebooks automatiquement et de connecter le
lecteur pour transfert automatique des ebooks. Vous pourrez ensuite
consulter les livres aussi bien sur PC que sur le lecteur epaper.

Le code d'activation à rentrer est :

Comme nous en sommes au début du lancement de notre pack eBook
Cluster21, d'une part n'hésitez pas à nous contacter pour questions,
problèmes, suggestions... Et d'autre part nous serons ravi d'avoir vos
impressions après votre début d'utilisation de ce pack. Merci d'avance.

Pour nous écrire : mailto:ebook@cluster21.com

Salutations
Cluster21

Can anyone tell me what this is about?
Here is a quick translation :

Hello,
Thank you for your order. Your reader is being sent. Here are detailed instructions for getting the ebooks and installing them on your reader.

The installation of ebooks by a PC or Mac is explained online at the adresse http://www.cluster21.com/blog/ebook/...ion_des_ebooks.

On a PC, we recommend you install the Mobipocket reader, create your account, automatically retrieve your ebooks and connect your reader to automatically transfer them. You can then consult your books on your computer or on your epaper reader.

The activation code to enter is :

As we are at the beginning of the launch of our Cluster21 ebook pack, first of all don't hesitate to contact us for questions, problems, suggestions... and second we would be thrilled to have your impressions after you use this pack. Thank you in advance.

To write to us : ebook@cluster21.com

Greetings,
Cluster21

[EDIT : i should have said, "there are plenty of people around here, who will help you at the speed of light" i think my translation is probably unnecessary now !]

[EDIT 2 : oh, and, i agree also that "en cours d'envoi" is a bit ambiguous however i would tend to interpret that is "is on its way", especially if you got the mail 5 weeks after ordering ; it could be to let you know they have now treated your order. but yes, ask for confirmation...]

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 03-21-2008 at 03:07 PM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #10
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
...so they charge your credit card upon taking the order?!? Nice of them to sit on an order that will take beyond the 30-days a consumer has to refute a charge if there is a problem.

Isn't that against the agreement that credit card companies have with vendors?

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #11
billyad2000
Enthusiast

That is why I waited until they were back in stock before ordering. If it turns out that I do have to wait until May for my order then I will have no choice but to cancel.

Anyway - I've sent them an email, hopefully the out of stock only applies to new orders.
I've got my fingers crossed because i'd love to have one of these.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #12
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWLaRue View Post
...so they charge your credit card upon taking the order?!? Nice of them to sit on an order that will take beyond the 30-days a consumer has to refute a charge if there is a problem.

Isn't that against the agreement that credit card companies have with vendors?

-Jeff

That *IS* against all credit card processing vendor rules! We had that problem with e-onlinedata because we didn't understand that we needed to get the order 'authorized', but not run a 'capture' to actually *charge* the credit cards until we shipped.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #13
DutchBoy
DutchBoy began at the beginning.

As to the delivery of Cybooks ordered from the last available batch, I got this reply from Bookeen (support@bookeen.com) on Monday, March 3rd:

Quote:
Depending on the production patch deliveries, orders booked this week should ship between March 17th and 21st.
That same day [not the next - edit] I ordered my Cybook. So if they're on schedule it should have been shipped yesterday (Friday the 21st) at the latest. This means next week I should get it at the latest, and you too, billyad2000.

Hope this helps for other people who ordered that same period...

I want to add, that I didn't get any email like the one billyad2000 got (from Cluster21). I doubt that it's related to the actual shipping status at Bookeen. I think I'll just e-mail Bookeen to enquire about the status of my order.

Last edited by DutchBoy; 03-22-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: correction
DutchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:13 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
That *IS* against all credit card processing vendor rules! We had that problem with e-onlinedata because we didn't understand that we needed to get the order 'authorized', but not run a 'capture' to actually *charge* the credit cards until we shipped.

Derek
The rules are not the same in every country. It obviously IS legal in France, because Bookeen do it, and have done it that way for goodness knows how many years (it was that way when I bought my original CyBook, way back when). Anyone who isn't happy with this should (obviously) look elsewhere to buy - eg from NAEB.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:19 AM   #15
billyad2000
Enthusiast

I've being thinking a bit about that email and i think it may be to do with the fact I ordered the deluxe pack. It includes 24 Ebooks from cluster 21. Not that it will do me much good since they are in french

I ordered the day after you Dutchboy. Hopefully they are on the way. This is one year I would gladly give up the Easter Holidays

My orderID is low 123xx. Perhaps people who have received theirs in the last week or so could compare their orderIDs. It will give us an idea as to where Cybook is up to with orders.