Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #241
belden
Enthusiast
belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 (US)
This is just an abstract thought and while the tools offer showing up for relatively new fathers receiving it as a gift makes sense, could it somehow possibly be tied to how many offers a person has accepted and used in the past? I ordered my KSO and had it the day it was released and have gotten promo codes for every offer whether I intended to use them or not and have wound up using the majority of them. I did NOT however get the tools offer (the image isn't even downloaded into the 'assets' folder on my Kindle). From reading the comments of others, it seems as if those who have been actively accepting and using special offers haven't received the tools one while newer owners or those who may have skipped the last few unappealing offers have. Maybe Amazon is trying out different methods of getting people to use the offer codes and is actively trying to appeal to those who haven't yet done it.
belden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #242
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by belden View Post
Maybe Amazon is trying out different methods of getting people to use the offer codes and is actively trying to appeal to those who haven't yet done it.
Could be. I got the offer and had accepted none prior. Run a poll and you might see something significant.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #243
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
I had to point to this one. He has renamed his KSO to KOO. See why here.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #244
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I contacted Kindle Support - they claimed everyone should get every offer:

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

In general, the special offers are updated regularly when your Kindle is connected wirelessly and sent to all our customers with no individual restrictions.

If you haven't connected your Kindle recently to a Wi Fi network, you will see a message on your Kindle screensaver reminding you to connect to a WiFi network for updates, including new offers."

Of course, I still got skipped on tools (my wifi is on ALL the time and I use it daily to listen to the NYTimes) and now have two fewer offers than I had before a reset, so I expect I'll be entirely skipped on those (unless I root the KSO and try to manually stuff the offers, which is probably not a great idea or worth my time).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #245
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I contacted Kindle Support - they claimed everyone should get every offer:

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

In general, the special offers are updated regularly when your Kindle is connected wirelessly and sent to all our customers with no individual restrictions.

If you haven't connected your Kindle recently to a Wi Fi network, you will see a message on your Kindle screensaver reminding you to connect to a WiFi network for updates, including new offers."
That's not the story I was told. When I called, I was told that only select KSOs would receive offers and that others would not.

What's interesting is that they didn't offer either of us the tool promo. If I were to drop my KSO and break the screen, they'd be quick to give me another $114 KSO for free. That $20 tool savings must be mighty precious dollars to them.

Go figure
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2011, 11:50 PM   #246
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Of course, I still got skipped on tools (my wifi is on ALL the time and I use it daily to listen to the NYTimes) and now have two fewer offers than I had before a reset, so I expect I'll be entirely skipped on those (unless I root the KSO and try to manually stuff the offers, which is probably not a great idea or worth my time).
You get the torches and I'll get the pitchforks... it's time to march
Old 06-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #247
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's not the story I was told. When I called, I was told that only select KSOs would receive offers and that others would not.

What's interesting is that they didn't offer either of us the tool promo. If I were to drop my KSO and break the screen, they'd be quick to give me another $114 KSO for free. That $20 tool savings must be mighty precious dollars to them.

Go figure
Looks like complaining loudly gets you more offers!!!!

Today, I have the tools offer (it was not there, last night, as I double checked before turning it, a bit after midnight EDT). But first thing this morning, there it was, just (barely) in time to sign up for the deal.

Once I finish listening to the Times this morning, I'll plug it in and see if the other two missing offers finally downloaded.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #248
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Looks like complaining loudly gets you more offers!!!!
I complained and didn't get it.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #249
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I complained and didn't get it.
Have you checked this morning? I didn't get it downloaded until about midnight or after PT.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #250
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Have you checked this morning? I didn't get it downloaded until about midnight or after PT.
Yep; just before I posted.

My Kindle has a new name: kindle with no tools
Old 06-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #251
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Reminder

Today is the final day to claim the Gift Card and Tool offers (14 & 15). You have until midnight (PDT) to do so.

At midnight (PDT) tonight, offer #16 should appear.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #252
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
My daughter's hasn't received the tools, nor did it receive the Audible.com offer (which I wanted)... I'm feeling left out too!
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #253
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
My daughter's hasn't received the tools, nor did it receive the Audible.com offer (which I wanted)... I'm feeling left out too!
When was it purchased?
Old 06-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #254
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
When was it purchased?
Within a week of the initial release... I forget the exact date...
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #255
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Within a week of the initial release... I forget the exact date...
I would definitely contact customer support. You should be able to do the audible offer without any code (just follow the links to the offer page and sign up), but the tools requires a code.

I assume she has wifi at home and leaves it on at night (just asleep, not off), right?