Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2007, 10:30 PM   #16
huari
Enthusiast
huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle me, Sony Reader missus
searching personal documents?

The search feature sounds terrific which is something lacking in the Sony Reader.
Does the search function work with personal documents like converted txt? that is if you select a line, does the built in dictionary work?

thanks,
tony
huari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:02 AM   #17
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
On the iLiad you can carry the whole of Wikipedia (minus the pictures) with you and look it up locally. The whole thing fits onto a 4GB CF card. See the iLiad forum for details.
I know, but a) I only have a 4GB CF card, and I have other things to store locally and b) I think of Wikipedia as "dynamic" rather than "static" content, i.e. I'd prefer to have the most recent version of an article, and access to its history. So while the portable version is a good idea and if I were going to be away from wireless connectivity for a while I might rearrange my system to be able to pull and store a copy of Wikipedia, for the most part I'd prefer a live connection.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #18
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by huari View Post
The search feature sounds terrific which is something lacking in the Sony Reader.
Does the search function work with personal documents like converted txt? that is if you select a line, does the built in dictionary work?

thanks,
tony
It should work, yes.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote