Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
robert_epub
robert_epub began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Preprocess or Postprocess epub Conversion?

Hi,

I'm customizing my epub conversion (I finally have user css I like, and it looks great using Hoefler Text on my Sony reader with half-line inter-paragraph spacing).

I would like to add additional processing to the (x)html as a conversion step (the purpose is to automatically insert typographic quotes and the like). There's a thread about typographic quotes with a regular expression that would sort of do it (at least as a starting point), but I cannot figure out how and where to customize calibre to run this extra step (I think it would be like a recipe, only for a file input, not for a news source).

I think I've done my due diligence, but I'm still pretty new to this whole topic, so if there is an FAQ entry or a help listing I've overlooked, by all means please point me to it.

Thanks,
Robert
robert_epub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you can write a pre or post process file type plugin that will be automatically called by the calibre conversion system on every epub file it processes. detaiils are in the user manual
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert