Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
yankgirl
Connoisseur
yankgirl is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, iPad 2, PPP(purple pocket pro) Nook Tablet, K4 & Kindle Fire!
K2/iPhone

I'll start off by saying I really hope this makes sense (it does in my head, but sometimes it gets lost in translation)

I left my Kindle at home today and of course today is such a slow day at work, I wanted to finish up a book I was reading. I downloaded the book into my iPhone, but I was curious if they sync up. For example, if I read 3 chapters on the iPhone, when I get home do I have to jump ahead in my Kindle or will it know where I left off.

I thought somewhere I read that they do sync up, but I can't find anything about that - so I could just be losing it.

If anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks!!

Kat
yankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
If you have sync enabled (which you should be by default) and your Kindle Whispernet is on, the iPhone will sync to where you left off. If your Whispernet is off, the iPhone will either sync to where you were the last time Whispernet was turned on, or start you at the beginning of the book (if it's been a long time since you've used Whispernet).

When you get home turn on your Kindle Whispernet and it will sync to where the iPhone left off.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
I found that if I leave Whispernet on and don't turn off my K2 but let it go to sleep my books syncs fine. I learned this from a post somewhere in this excellent formum.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote