Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-19-2009, 01:37 AM   #1
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
RTF and TEXT conversion

Hello,

What is the point of adding page numbers to the converted output? I would see the usage of text file so that the paragraphs are not word wrapped, instead the reader device does that. So basically what you should not include, at least in the text file are extra blank lines and page numbers. The text output would otherwise be suitable in my opinion, but in case of TXT file, I don't think the empty lines do much for the end-user.

Would it be possible to get another TEXT output conversion with these things left out or is there a way to customize the output of TXT file conversion?
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:39 AM   #2
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And by not including blank lines, I mean two or more blank lines in a row. Having an empty line in between chapter titles and perhaps paragraphs is OK, but if there is a page containing just half of the page, there shouldn't be 20 blank lines after the end of paragraph as some of these blank lines can go to the beginning of next page... not really nice formatting in my opinion.

Last edited by spaze; 08-19-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Advert
Old 08-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
bump.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaze
What is the point of adding page numbers to the converted output?
There isn't and they aren't being added. If you are seeing page numbers in the output then they were part of the text of the input file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaze
And by not including blank lines, I mean two or more blank lines in a row. Having an empty line in between chapter titles and perhaps paragraphs is OK, but if there is a page containing just half of the page, there shouldn't be 20 blank lines after the end of paragraph as some of these blank lines can go to the beginning of next page... not really nice formatting in my opinion.
The text ouput was supposed to do this... Looks like I commented it out when I was testing and it never got put back... I'll correct this.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:11 AM   #5
spaze
Addict

Ok, thanks. Let us know when the new version comes out with this bug fix.
Advert