Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
tiomario
tiomario began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Can't find converted file! Please help!

I just converted a RTF file to LRF format. But I cant find the destination file for the converted book. Where is it? How can I change the destination folder for converted files?
Thanks a lot!!
tiomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
The converted file is stored in the library along with the previous file you added to the database to convert. You can get to the directory quickly by hitting "o" when the book is selected in Calibre to open the containing folder.

However, the proper way to put that file on your device is not to copy that file directly. Instead, you should "send to device" when your device is attached via USB. Alternatively, you can "Save to Disk" to save a copy of the library file to another location, and copy THAT file to your device.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert