Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
Dainann
Dainann began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-350
Lightbulb Sony PRS350 Upgrade

I had a Pocketbook that I was very happy with. But when it died I didn't want to wait so tried and returned a few before settling on the Sony PRS-350. Now it's time to move on. My vision is getting worse and I'd like a slightly bigger screen. I'm also considering a light since every book light I've tried has been annoying. I read outside a lot so e-ink important. The majority of my collection is epub but I use calibre so am adaptable as long as reader does not insist I only use its product. I do not use wifi or read news, etc on my reader. That's what phablet/laptop is for. I am not likely to purchase books while reading.

Any suggestions?
Dainann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dainann View Post
I had a Pocketbook that I was very happy with. But when it died I didn't want to wait so tried and returned a few before settling on the Sony PRS-350. Now it's time to move on. My vision is getting worse and I'd like a slightly bigger screen. I'm also considering a light since every book light I've tried has been annoying. I read outside a lot so e-ink important. The majority of my collection is epub but I use calibre so am adaptable as long as reader does not insist I only use its product. I do not use wifi or read news, etc on my reader. That's what phablet/laptop is for. I am not likely to purchase books while reading.

Any suggestions?
The 6.8" high resolution screen of the Kobo Aura H2O is very nice. I think you'd find it very easy to read. The font light is very well done and very easy to set it to a level that's good for you. Plus, the H2O handles ePub so you can keep your ePub as is to read with the H2O.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
Dainann
Dainann began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-350
Thanks. Been searching the forums and came up with
Onyx bad battery
Kindle worried about ability to jailbreak
Kobo H2O worried about ads and bad customer service

This forum rocks for all the info. Back to reading!
Dainann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The PW2 and earlier can still be jailbroken. The PW2 will most likely not ship with the very latest firmware released mere weeks ago, some still ship with years-old firmware. The trick is to jailbreak as soon as you get it, without activating WiFi which would download the over-the-air update.
Earlier models have no problems jailbreaking.

The KT2 (All-New Kindle Basic) and Kindle Voyage cannot be jailbroken without a serial port connection.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ereader, sony 350