Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #1
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Sony Reader: the blue one, or the silver one?

I tripped over the link to http://www.bhphotovideo.com on this site, which is utterly fantastic because it looks like i can order a reader and have it sent pretty much anywhere without all that faffing around with Ebay.

A reader review on the BHPV site suggested the blue might be easier to read than the silver, because the silver was 'too distracting'. The silver however appeals to my technogeek side (pretty toy) whereas the blue sounds ... sort of bluey and ... plasticky. This is probably a bollocks opinion as I have yet to even hold one of these things in my hands let alone see one in the 'flesh'.

So here's my question to all those Sony owners out there - blue or silver, is there any difference as regards readability in the above state context - and almost as important ... which looks nicer?
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Before I got mine I was set on the blue, thinking the contrast between the casing & screen would be better for reading. When I went to get it all they had was silver. Well, once I decide to get something I can be a bit impatient/impulsive so I went ahead & bought the silver (I did get to try a display unit first). I don't regret it at all. After over 50 books read I find nothing at all 'distracting' about the silver (it looks classy too), but YMMV.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
acemccloudxx
Java Master
acemccloudxx doesn't litteracemccloudxx doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Blue

I guess I just prefer darker colors. Since I had a choice, I went with blue.

Ace
acemccloudxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #4
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
I guess it's just down to what colour you prefer then, certain reviews regardless. I like the silver one. <geek>Shame it doesn't come with an optional aircar and holstered blaster. </geek>
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I thought about this before I got my 505 and eventually compared them side to side in the store and opted for the blue as it did seem to make the white stand out more.

But it doesn't make that much difference. I'd say go for the one you like best.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
bobbyco57
bobbyco57 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I opted for blue. I figure the silver would start to show wear after a while. You know, the buttons and navigation. I have a two year old laptop with silver casing and everywhere you rest your hands and the touch pad, etc. show wear.

Silver, blue, either way it's just a wonderful device in my opinion after happily reading for almost 3 months.
bobbyco57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I had my choice and Blue was what I went with.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote