Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
kermie
kermie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Book Covers & metadata

Hi everyone. I've just started to use Caliber with my Kindle, but I've come up against a problem. I can alter the metadata and choose a book cover within caliber, but it will not transfer it to my Kindle. All the data is the same as the original book. It shows as changed on the main screen of caliber (ie, the new cover) but it isnt on the Kindle. On picking read the book within caliber shows that the metadata or the cover has not been changed .. weird. Has anyone got any ideas ? btw, Caliber is the latest version, updated today, and I have a Kindle v3
Kermie
kermie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
You often need to do a conversion to force the new cover into the book, in your case mobi-to-mobi I would think.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
PLus Kindle doesn't show the cover when you open a book so you must page back to see it
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
kermie
kermie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thank you Jackie_w, your solution seemed to do the business.
kermie is offline   Reply With Quote