Old 02-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
KRorschachZ
Update
KRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litter

Device: kindle DX graphite, we need update/firmware with optios PDF Kindle 3
where he keeps the recipes calibre

Hello,

"where he keeps the recipes calibre?

I wanted to gauge copy on another computer and "have" recipes available there without having to copy them one at a time or to send each file individually.

Does anyone know in which folder are all the recipes?

Objective: To copy all the recipes in that folder to the folder on another computer ... both versions will be the same caliber.

bye from spain.

;-)
KRorschachZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRorschachZ View Post
Does anyone know in which folder are all the recipes?
The standard recipes will be installed on the new machine when calibre is installed. Any custom recipes you have are stored in the metadata.db file in the root of your library. If you will be using the same library on the new machine then the custom recipes will be available.

If you are not using the same library then you need to open each custom recipe, copy it to a text editor like notepad++ and save the custom recipe with as recipename.recipe, copy them to the new machine, and import recipes one at a time.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
KRorschachZ
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
The standard recipes will be installed on the new machine when calibre is installed. Any custom recipes you have are stored in the metadata.db file in the root of your library. If you will be using the same library on the new machine then the custom recipes will be available.

If you are not using the same library then you need to open each custom recipe, copy it to a text editor like notepad++ and save the custom recipe with as recipename.recipe, copy them to the new machine, and import recipes one at a time.
go bluff.

I will not copy all recipes customize, are over +39 ...

"I can metadata.db copy that file from one computer to another, overwriting the previous one?

Spoiler:
I think this option may be better in future versions to get "more" freedom of movement with the personalization of the program.

many people have a computer at home and a laptop ...

(we will not be copying everything twice)

Greetings and thanks

Last edited by KRorschachZ; 03-01-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:54 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRorschachZ View Post
"I can metadata.db copy that file from one computer to another, overwriting the previous one?
If you overwrite an existing metadata.db file the entire library you're copying the metadata.db file will be changed and not in a good way.

I would copy the entire library to the new machine (including the metadata.db file).
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:02 AM   #5
KRorschachZ
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If you overwrite an existing metadata.db file the entire library you're copying the metadata.db file will be changed and not in a good way.

I would copy the entire library to the new machine (including the metadata.db file).
yes. that´s it
Advert