Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
Bobosmite
Enthusiast
Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle-DX
How do I make sure graphics display correctly? (optimal size)

What I'm trying to do is make sure a graphic and text get displayed on the same screen. For example, a picture of a train with a text description below. Is there some way to tag the graphic and text, so the reader sees it as a group (attached) and scales the graphic up or down accordingly? I can do this manually but it's a lot of work resizing and counting lines.
Bobosmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The only way is to include the text in the figure, possibly in SVG format.

Another possibility is wrapping text and figure in a <div> and giving it a "page-break-inside: avoid" CSS property. But it seems few readers (if any) actually respect this, and it won't resize the image in any case, just send the whole lot to a new page (where it might not fit, anyway).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobosmite View Post
What I'm trying to do is make sure a graphic and text get displayed on the same screen. For example, a picture of a train with a text description below. Is there some way to tag the graphic and text, so the reader sees it as a group (attached) and scales the graphic up or down accordingly? I can do this manually but it's a lot of work resizing and counting lines.
The image on one page and the caption on the next is also one of my hangups. Include the caption into the image. This works for any image type. I use Photoshop but GIMP also works well.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Bobosmite
Enthusiast
Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle-DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
The image on one page and the caption on the next is also one of my hangups. Include the caption into the image. This works for any image type. I use Photoshop but GIMP also works well.
I've been using the Windows Snipping Tool to make these graphic+text images. I can use any font in my library for the text and it takes seconds to snip and paste right back into the document.
Bobosmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:25 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Of course, that means the caption font and size cannot be changed anymore by the reader.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert