Notices

Old 04-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #61
a.a.k
Enthusiast
a.a.k began at the beginning.

Device: boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-readers Fan View Post
Do you mean by "Egypt", the Egyptian dialect?
or the Arabic used by all Arabs in all Arab countries (i.e. Fus-ha Arabic) ?
you should translate it to classic arabic (FUṢḤĀ
which can be read in all Arabic countries.
I can help you if you want ..
a.a.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #62
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.a.k View Post
you should translate it to classic arabic (FUṢḤĀ
which can be read in all Arabic countries.
I can help you if you want ..
every help will be appreciated.
You can use the same TS file for FUṢḤĀ Arabic. We will correct the file before implementation.

Is there somebody , who would like to make translation to Danish?

Here is the TS file
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/TS/onyx_da_DK.ts

Thanks a lot to all helpers in advance!
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #63
E-readers Fan
E-readers Fan began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
every help will be appreciated.
You can use the same TS file for FUṢḤĀ Arabic. We will correct the file before implementation.

Is there somebody , who would like to make translation to Danish?

Here is the TS file
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/TS/onyx_da_DK.ts

Thanks a lot to all helpers in advance! :thanks:

I am currently translating the file you gave me to Arabic FUṢḤĀ which all arabs know, and it is the written arabic.

If I get stuck on any words, I will ask for a.a.k 's help.
E-readers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #64
E-readers Fan

Hi

Sorry for taking so long.

I translated about 90 to 95% of it.

The ones I left are ones that:
- I didn't know their meaning.
- I was not sure what was meant due to it having several possible meanings.
- I did not know its translation.

The Arabic translation file is attached
Attached Files
File Type: rar onyx_ar_EG.rar (16.7 KB, 746 views)
Old 04-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #65
FrancoisL
FrancoisL began at the beginning.

Device: Boox m92
French translation

Hello Booxtor,

I am sending you the French translation for v1.7.

Regards!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Onyx_fr_FR.zip (21.2 KB, 289 views)
FrancoisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #66
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
I will ask our engineers to give me TS files before they release the new update. It must be not much work to add some new translations..
@Booxtor
I would like to ask are there already final TS files to translate? If yes, please, upload the Czech on. I will recheck old translations and make new ones.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #67
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you guys! I really appreciate your tremendous work!

@Mono.. I will add the Czech TS tomorrow. Thank you mine friend
Old 05-17-2012, 04:26 AM   #68
AlexKidd
Enthusiast
AlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox 60, Onyx Boox Max Carta, Wexler Flex One
An italian layout for the keyboard is not present for now, it's true?

I think it would be nice to make also the keyboard layouts. But I don't know if it's enough take a base layout (english, deutsch..) and use it as a skeleton to make a new italian layout.

It is possible? If I knew which files should be modified.....
AlexKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #69
E-readers Fan

Hi Booxter

I found a typo in my translation while I was checking out the Arabic interface, so I corrected it .. the corrected version is attached.

Hope to see an Arabic keyboard layout soon
Attached Files
File Type: rar onyx_ar_EG.rar (16.7 KB, 722 views)
Old 05-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #70
a.a.k
Enthusiast
a.a.k began at the beginning.

Device: boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-readers Fan View Post
Hi Booxter

I found a typo in my translation while I was checking out the Arabic interface, so I corrected it .. the corrected version is attached.

Hope to see an Arabic keyboard layout soon
Arabic keyboard layout would be very important to the market as kindle does not support Arabic
a.a.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #71
mousa_mk
mousa_mk began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox m92
Hello Booxtor

I am a new user of Boox m92 and I love this device
I'm interested in translating it to my language and already started tranlating the ts file to Persian and Azerbaijani languages.

Is there a way to install the translations ourselves to our own device? Or we just have to forward them to you to be included in the firmware?
mousa_mk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #72
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousa_mk View Post
Hello Booxtor

I am a new user of Boox m92 and I love this device
I'm interested in translating it to my language and already started tranlating the ts file to Persian and Azerbaijani languages.

Is there a way to install the translations ourselves to our own device? Or we just have to forward them to you to be included in the firmware?
Salam Musa
It is a great idea to translate the user menu of Boox to Persian and Azerbaijani. If you want I can create .ts files for that languages. As soon as you have finished to translate them just send them to me and we will implement that languages in new updates.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:09 AM   #73
mousa_mk

Quote:
Salam Musa
It is a great idea to translate the user menu of Boox to Persian and Azerbaijani. If you want I can create .ts files for that languages. As soon as you have finished to translate them just send them to me and we will implement that languages in new updates.
Thanks for the quick reply
I am a Qt developer and I'm familiar with .ts and .qm files. So I've already edited one of the other .ts files you've provided (according to this post of yours) and created ts file for persian and started translating!
If that's not what we're supposed to do, so please create the files in these 3 locales yourself, and give them to me to start translating over again:
fa_IR
az_IR
az_AZ
I will send them to you as soon as I finish each of them.

My original question was that I wanted to test my translations, so I compressed my partial translation using lrelease command to onyx_fa_IR.qm and put it in the /usr/share/translations/ folder alongside other translations, but I was not able to load and use them!
Is this correct, or is there any way to test the translations in our own device before releasing them to you?
Old 08-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #74
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousa_mk View Post
Thanks for the quick reply
I am a Qt developer and I'm familiar with .ts and .qm files. So I've already edited one of the other .ts files you've provided (according to this post of yours) and created ts file for persian and started translating!
If that's not what we're supposed to do, so please create the files in these 3 locales yourself, and give them to me to start translating over again:
fa_IR
az_IR
az_AZ
I will send them to you as soon as I finish each of them.

My original question was that I wanted to test my translations, so I compressed my partial translation using lrelease command to onyx_fa_IR.qm and put it in the /usr/share/translations/ folder alongside other translations, but I was not able to load and use them!
Is this correct, or is there any way to test the translations in our own device before releasing them to you?
I see.. I did not know about your skills

Since the languages Persian and Azerbaijani is not added in the language settings, you need to use the existing language to test the translation. For example, change the correct locale name "fa_IR" to existing locale name (like "fr_FR") in the head of ts file:

<TS version="2.0" language="fr_FR">

then, rename the file "onyx_fa_IR.ts" to "onyx_fr_FR.ts". Run lrelease, then, replace .qm file in device. And finially, choose French language to test.

خدا نگهدار, خدا حافظ

Last edited by Booxtor; 08-03-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #75
mousa_mk

Quote:
Since the languages Persian and Azerbaijani is not added in the language settings, you need to use the existing language to test the translation. For example, change the correct locale name "fa_IR" to existing locale name (like "fr_FR") in the head of ts file:

<TS version="2.0" language="fr_FR">

then, rename the file "onyx_fa_IR.ts" to "onyx_fr_FR.ts". Run lrelease, then, replace .qm file in device. And finially, choose French language to test.
Of course! A clever way I didn't think of!
Thanks, that actually worked and I saw the translated parts

Quote:
خدا نگهدار, خدا حافظ
Auf Wiedersehen