Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
crash86
Enthusiast
crash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle 3, K4 and PW 1st gen
calibre not recognising kindle

Hi there, just got my new and first Kindle 3 graphite model and when I connect it to the Calibre program it doesn't show in the devices. Also seeing I converted some PDF's to MOBI for the kindle through this program how do i get those files into my Kindle? I have used Calibre before with my Sony and it recognises it right away but not the kindle.... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
crash86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What version of Calibre are you using - the altet versions should recognise the Kindle.

Also, have you got an iDevice plugged in (iPohone/iPod/iPad), as if so that would "hide" the Kindle unless you have disabled the Apple driver in Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
crash86
Enthusiast
crash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to beholdcrash86 is a splendid one to behold

got the latest version of Calibre but think I found away around it, let me know if this is ok. I clicked a book and then click saved to specific disk ( or drive not sure which) and then saved it to the kindle icon which was on my desktop and put the file into the documents folder? tried one it seems to work so I guess I answered my own question. seems around about way of doing it but hey if it works huh.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you say the latest Calibre do you mean 0.7.17 or the latest version from the Ubuntu repository?

Using Save to Disk might be a work-around, but it stll does not identify what is wrong on your system to stop the Kindle being recognised
Old 09-10-2010, 07:45 AM   #5
crash86
Enthusiast

I has originally downloaded the program straight from the Calibre site and it is the 7.17 version so not sure what is going on. might try to re download the whole thing and see if that fixes it.
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard

You might want to post the debug device detection log generated under preferences->Advanced as that would allow the rest of us to see what is happening.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #7
crash86
Enthusiast

I re downloaded the program and now it's working. Thanks for all the advice
Old 09-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #8
specialvintage
specialvintage began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I downloaded the beta version but it is still not recognising my Kindle 3 anymore.
How do I go back ot the last stable release for Macbook intel osx please? It was wprkign perfectly before.
I also downloaded mobi unpack - could this have anyhting to do with it stopping recognising Kindle 3??
Thanks
specialvintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialvintage View Post
I downloaded the beta version but it is still not recognising my Kindle 3 anymore.
How do I go back ot the last stable release for Macbook intel osx please? It was wprkign perfectly before.
I also downloaded mobi unpack - could this have anyhting to do with it stopping recognising Kindle 3??
Thanks
Beta version??
Oh ! The MAC problem. Why are you splitting answers between threads.

There is a Thread on MAC, Kindle and Recent Calibre problems. Please stick to the Most Relevant thread (where you would see a temporary solution).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote