Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
miklizro
Enthusiast
miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 running Aldiko and Kindle and Kindle 3 keyboard
Nook won't find a new My Documents file.

I have put a new epub from the library onto my Nook via the usb. Ejected and removed usb. Went to My documents, hit check for new content and it will not show up. Suggestions? Please?

update, tried it by dragging it to the Nook from ADE to the Nook. Still can't/won't find it.

OK, found the stinking book but oh my heavens if the next firmware update doesn't have a way to manage files better this thing is going right back. FRUSTRATING!!

Last edited by miklizro; 06-08-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: update
miklizro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
did you hit "check for new content" ?
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
angel_gidget
angel_gidget began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Can you tell me how you found the book? I'm having the same problem.
angel_gidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
miklizro
Enthusiast
miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miklizro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 running Aldiko and Kindle and Kindle 3 keyboard
Exclamation Nook refuses to find new content

I wish I could help you. The Nook has gotten even worse since 1.5.
It is absolutely arbitrary about when and if it will find new epubs in My Documents.
Sometimes after several restarts one or two will eventually show up but I am seriously at my wits end.

Yes, I tried them one at a time.
Yes, I hit, "check new content"
Yes, I tried loading them with Calibre
Yes, I tried loading them with ADE
No, they are in no way DRM'd
These are simple pdfs and epubs
I am getting really upset and the Nook "tech support" is a major joke.

Can anyone figure this out????
miklizro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
ibdave
ibdave began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I use my public library ebooks which I open with ade. then connect nook, wait for it to show up in the ade screen on my computer and then drag and drop. Goes into my documents on the nook automatically and everything works as advertised.

What to do with the title:

1. Once you have checked out a title from your local library, download it to your computer. Once you hit the download button, the file that you will be prompted to download is a “.acsm” file.

2. Click open and the file will open up in ADE and refresh your library with new content. The title will display the amount of days you have left in the loan period. You can also save the .acsm file to your PC and open the file in ADE.

3. Go to the library view. Drag the title to the “NOOK” icon.

4. Undock the NOOK from your computer.(use the eject command first)

5. In the Library, open My Documents.

6. The title should be available to be read for the period of time specified by the library.

Last edited by ibdave; 01-02-2011 at 04:00 PM.
ibdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert