Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 03:38 AM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Olivier View Post
Yes, Thanks

But how is it possible to do it for a group of book ?

I've tried to select several books, but double clicking the tag field highlights only one line, and the change is made only in one book.

Why isn't it possible to access the icon "Edit Metadata" ?
May I suggest that you go with the flow of the software. Create the tags/collections/series you want without your reader connected. Select multiple books and click on the "Edit Metadata" icon to do bulk edits. When you have everything just the way you want hook up your reader.

Now delete the books on your reader. After the books are deleted go back to the Calibre Library sort by tags then sort by series, once everything is sorted highlight the books and send them to your device.

Now all books on your reader are all in collections nice and neat.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:19 AM   #17
Pierre-Olivier
Enthusiast
Pierre-Olivier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherTD View Post
I have been doing this on the Mac, using Option-C to Copy and Option-V to paste. Works well.

The Option key is the one next to the space bar with the Apple symbol on it. I don't know what its proper name is, it might be called Command? Anyway, you can use that to paste in a sanitised set of tags. I repaired my books after over eager application of social metadata, which resulted in gazillions of collections appearing on my Reader and cluttering the place up and looking untidy and stuff...
Yes it's the Command Key ...

But I can't do the same. I select a tag in one book, by double-clicking it? I copy it using COmmand-C, I select multiple books, If then I hit COmmand-V, nothing occured, if, in the selection, I double click on an empty tag, and then hit Command-V, the tag is only copied in one book.
Pierre-Olivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 04:34 AM   #18
Pierre-Olivier
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
May I suggest that you go with the flow of the software. Create the tags/collections/series you want without your reader connected. Select multiple books and click on the "Edit Metadata" icon to do bulk edits. When you have everything just the way you want hook up your reader.

Now delete the books on your reader. After the books are deleted go back to the Calibre Library sort by tags then sort by series, once everything is sorted highlight the books and send them to your device.

Now all books on your reader are all in collections nice and neat.
I know it's the best way. But it's not always possible to think in advance to all the possible tags ...

So, as long as I don't find the way to operate with Calibre, i'm obliged to do it with sony application. But I 'd like to erase this application from my HD. Because, if you forget to quit calibre, before launching it, you could destroy all the tags ...

ANd the the same, before launching Calibre, I've to think to verify that I've quitted Sony reader library ...
Old 01-14-2010, 04:39 AM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Yes it's the Command Key ...

But I can't do the same. I select a tag in one book, by double-clicking it? I copy it using COmmand-C, I select multiple books, If then I hit COmmand-V, nothing occured, if, in the selection, I double click on an empty tag, and then hit Command-V, the tag is only copied in one book.
If you are going to do multiple books
(Only works fully if the Tags are BLANK, otherwise you Add the Tags to whatever already exists in each title)
Do the Copy
Select the Books then Edit Meta-Data (will be in bulk mode)
Do the Paste into Tag (careful to put in the right place )
Save
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:56 AM   #20
Pierre-Olivier
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you are going to do multiple books
(Only works fully if the Tags are BLANK, otherwise you Add the Tags to whatever already exists in each title)
Do the Copy
Select the Books then Edit Meta-Data (will be in bulk mode)
Do the Paste into Tag (careful to put in the right place )
Save
Sorry, but it's impossible to access the "Edit Meta Data" button, for the internal SD Card, as well as the internal memory of the PRS-600. It's only possible for the books in the Library.

What I would like to do, as I said previously in my first post, is to modify tags for groups of books, situated in the SD Card.
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 05:09 AM   #21
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I know it's the best way. But it's not always possible to think in advance to all the possible tags ...
Once your library is up to date adding individual tags later is still easier within the Calibre library. That way if your reader ever hiccups and you lose the tags (it happens) just copy the books back to your reader and your right where you left off.

I honestly don't understand your hesitation. I hope you find something that works for you.

Good Luck

&
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tag