Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
rogueleopard
rogueleopard began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Device shutting down

I've only had my 505 for a week now, and while I love it, there's one issue I'm having with it that I don't think is normal.

Whenever the battery charge runs down one battery bar, the device completely shuts down, then reboots. Takes the minute or so to come back up, and I've lost my page, my bookmarks and history for the book I was on.

Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions?
rogueleopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Sounds like a warranty item to me. Not normal to my 505.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I haven't had this problem with my 505.

Maybe a little more information would help us.

How many books do you have on it internally?

Do you have a loaded SD card in (how many books)?

What format books are on internally / SD?

Sometimes size of file makes a difference.

Maybe the MP3 player is still on or on pause.

Please let us know what happens / how you solved the problem as this may help another owner if this problem occurs again. Thanks.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
rogueleopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
How many books do you have on it internally?

Do you have a loaded SD card in (how many books)?

What format books are on internally / SD?

Sometimes size of file makes a difference.

Maybe the MP3 player is still on or on pause.

Please let us know what happens / how you solved the problem as this may help another owner if this problem occurs again. Thanks.
I have about 140 books loaded, there's an SD card (not currently installed) and a MSD. No MP3s, all books are lrf format.

I think I'll call the store I bought it from, if it happens once more. I took the SD card out after the last loop-reboot. I just got it less than 2 weeks ago.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
If you got it only 2 weeks ago, you should have only had to charge it once or twice (unless you are not charging it fully). How often has this happened?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 12:56 AM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I find this happens to me when I read books converted from LIT using Calibre.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:25 AM   #7
rogueleopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I find this happens to me when I read books converted from LIT using Calibre.
Hm. Most of my books are converted using the Lib2Go website, which is based on Calibre....