Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
dmalovic
dmalovic doesn't litterdmalovic doesn't litterdmalovic doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Forward function - does it exist?

Is there a way to go FORWARD in the history. Sometimes one can press the BACK button by accident on a K3, and if you are reading from the middle of the book, you can loose the current position.

Is there maybe an ALT + something shortcut for going forward in history?
dmalovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Something that's been bugging me too - is there an option to go to "furthest read", which I have seen on other readers?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
There is no BACK from Back - in other words, NO FORWARD. It has been mentioned before that this would be a nice feature to add such as suggested Alt-Back.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
dmalovic
dmalovic doesn't litterdmalovic doesn't litterdmalovic doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Something that's been bugging me too - is there an option to go to "furthest read", which I have seen on other readers?
You can go to the farthest point read, just press menu and you will see it. The problems start when you are reading through a middle of an already read book, and that's why one needs the 'forward' button!
dmalovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #5
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmalovic View Post
You can go to the farthest point read, just press menu and you will see it. The problems start when you are reading through a middle of an already read book, and that's why one needs the 'forward' button!
Not on mine. I only get a greyed out "Sync to farthest read" option. Is this it, and if so, how do I enable it?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert