Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #151
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
another plaudit I missed... afterparty tunes all sorted.

I can provide the music.... http://thetuneoftheday.tumblr.com/po...d-original-mix

Looks like I got another plaudit (that I missed doh!) happy days... (free download of course)

On topic:

I will have a FAR MORE SERIOUS attempt at getting some AV stuff happening when the new device arrives. oh happy days.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #152
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
anyone who can get me a working kindle SDL?
As I wasn't sure of rules, I PMed you the link.
Thanks to PoP

Last edited by thatworkshop; 09-23-2012 at 12:17 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #153
briant1234
Enthusiast
briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kindle Touch
so cool! i wish this could be applied to the internet browser, for much better looking scrolling/ panning
briant1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #154
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
As I wasn't sure of rules, I PMed you the link.
Thanks to knc1
Top Site NavBar -> Guidelines -> Section 8
(Which has a special meaning in American slang, but they didn't mean it that way.)

I see from the date of that page's last revision that it did not get re-written based on the recent out-of-band discussion.
I guess it is considered to be clear enough as is (the rules of Canada apply here).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #155
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To be fair, I was just asking for a few hints about getting the SDL video stuff working.

It wasn't an actual software request. nor was it anything dodgy.

Thanks knc1 for pointing out the rules if it had have been

New device has arrived. time = zero
however it is now high on my pile of stuff to do as this could be key to much of what I want.

thanks everyone for their help on this.

Here's extra info for those even vaguely interested. or perhaps bemused.

Quote:
Simple DirectMedia Layer is a cross-platform multimedia library designed to provide low level access to audio, keyboard, mouse, joystick, 3D hardware via OpenGL, and 2D video framebuffer. It is used by MPEG playback software, emulators, and many popular games, including the award winning Linux port of "Civilization: Call To Power."

SDL supports Linux, Windows, Windows CE, BeOS, MacOS, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, BSD/OS, Solaris, IRIX, and QNX. The code contains support for AmigaOS, Dreamcast, Atari, AIX, OSF/Tru64, RISC OS, SymbianOS, and OS/2, but these are not officially supported. (AND ONE DAY KINDLES)

SDL is written in C, but works with C++ natively, and has bindings to several other languages, including Ada, C#, D, Eiffel, Erlang, Euphoria, Go, Guile, Haskell, Java, Lisp, Lua, ML, Objective C, Pascal, Perl, PHP, Pike, Pliant, Python, Ruby, Smalltalk, and Tcl.

SDL is distributed under GNU LGPL version 2. This license allows you to use SDL freely in commercial programs as long as you link with the dynamic library.
Ta

EDIT: It's not so much that "I" want this, more that if we had this porting could become a wee bit less headachy for some "fancy" stuff.

EDIT EDIT:
Would be nice if Ehhh updated his top post with the later version?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=137
or should we use the old version?
This type of dilemma is eliminated by updating top posts.
Thanks for your great work. I'll test this on the k5 then. and dig through the source (which IIRC you shared) thanks again.

Last edited by twobob; 09-23-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: (AND ONE DAY KINDLES) (links for updated version)
Advert
Old 09-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #156
twobob

In other news...

Gave this another go:

fail:

Quote:
[root@kindle bin]# ./einkplayer ./pluto.avi 25 90 608 800

Enter command:
1 : Play
2 : Stop
3 : Pause
4 : Seek
5 : Position/Duration
q : quit
Spoiler:

(einkplayer:2764): GStreamer-WARNING **: External plugin loader failed. This most likely means that the plugin loader helper binary was not found or could not be run.

(einkplayer:2764): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(einkplayer:2764): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_link_pads_full: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (dest)' failed

(einkplayer:2764): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(einkplayer:2764): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

(einkplayer:2764): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(einkplayer:2764): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

(einkplayer:2764): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_get_static_pad: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

(einkplayer:2764): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add_many: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element_1)' failed

(einkplayer:2764): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_link_many: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element_1)' failed

(einkplayer:2764): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_ghost_pad_new: assertion `GST_IS_PAD (target)' failed

(einkplayer:2764): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_add_pad: assertion `GST_IS_PAD (pad)' failed

(einkplayer:2764): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_unref: assertion `object != NULL' failed

(einkplayer:2764): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_get_static_pad: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

(einkplayer:2764): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add_many: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element_1)' failed

(einkplayer:2764): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_link_many: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element_1)' failed

(einkplayer:2764): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_ghost_pad_new: assertion `GST_IS_PAD (target)' failed

(einkplayer:2764): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_add_pad: assertion `GST_IS_PAD (pad)' failed
Error: Internal data flow error.
^C

Last edited by twobob; 10-22-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #157
twobob

Another day, another try : \ Another fail : )

So I gave this a more concerted effort.

gst utterly and stubbornly refused to recognise anything in the plugins directory.

so I had a look around in /usr/lib and sure enough there is a folder called gst-plugins however it also is not serviced seemingly by default.

So... final solution - just dump it all the gst root dir and throw gst-inspect at it. with some debugging voodoo.

[root@kindle games]# strace -fF -o /mnt/us/gst-strace gst-inspect libgsteink.so --g
st-debug="*:7" 2> /mnt/us/gst-inspect-debug-eink2.txt

The output is eye-bending - this is a fixed-up slice

Code:
GST_REGISTRY gstregistry.c:1223:gst_registry_scan_path_level:<registry0>[00m file /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsteink.so looks like a possible module
  GST_REGISTRY gstregistry.c:1284:gst_registry_scan_path_level:<registry0>[00m file /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsteink.so not yet in registry
  GST_REGISTRY gstregistry.c:1089:gst_registry_scan_plugin_file:[00m Starting plugin scanner for file /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsteink.so
GST_REFCOUNTING gstobject.c:311:gst_object_ref:<registry0>[00m 0x48c00 ref 1->2
      GST_POLL gstpoll.c:557:gst_poll_new:[00m controllable : 0
      GST_POLL gstpoll.c:736:gst_poll_add_fd_unlocked:[00m 0x6bc98: fd (fd:4, idx:0)
      GST_POLL gstpoll.c:909:gst_poll_fd_ctl_read_unlocked:[00m 0x6bc98: fd (fd:4, idx:0), active : 1
  GST_REGISTRY gstregistry.c:1100:gst_registry_scan_plugin_file:[00m Using scan-helper to load plugin /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsteink.so
  GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstpluginloader.c:470:gst_plugin_loader_spawn:[00m Trying installed plugin scanner
  GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstpluginloader.c:423:gst_plugin_loader_try_helper:[00m Trying to spawn gst-plugin-scanner helper at /usr/libexec/gstreamer-0.10/gst-plugin-scanner
 GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstpluginloader.c:476:gst_plugin_loader_spawn:[00m No gst-plugin-scanner available, or not working means that the plugin loader helper binary was not found or could not be run. 

GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:737:gst_plugin_load_file:[00m attempt to load plugin "/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsteink.so"
     GST_REFCOUNTING gstobject.c:280:gst_object_init:<GstObject@0x64b80>[00m 0x64b80 new
  GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:834:gst_plugin_load_file:[00m Plugin 0x64b80 for file "/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsteink.so" prepared, calling entry function...
  GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:841:gst_plugin_load_file:[00m Plugin 0x64b80 for file "/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsteink.so" prepared, registering...
  GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:535:gst_plugin_register_func:[00m plugin "/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsteink.so" has invalid license "", not loading
  GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:846:gst_plugin_load_file:[00m gst_plugin_register_func failed for plugin "/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsteink.so"
   GST_REFCOUNTING gstobject.c:337:gst_object_unref:<plugin29>[00m 0x64b80 unref 1->0
   GST_REFCOUNTING gstobject.c:461:gst_object_dispose:<plugin29>[00m dispose
  GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:129:gst_plugin_finalize:[00m finalizing plugin 0x64b80
   GST_REFCOUNTING gstobject.c:493:gst_object_finalize:<plugin29>[00m finalize
GST_REGISTRY gstregistry.c:1223:gst_registry_scan_path_level:<registry0>[00m file /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so looks like a possible module
  GST_REGISTRY gstregistry.c:1284:gst_registry_scan_path_level:<registry0>[00m file /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so not yet in registry
  GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:737:gst_plugin_load_file:[00m attempt to load plugin "/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so"
   GST_REFCOUNTING gstobject.c:280:gst_object_init:<GstObject@0x64b80>[00m 0x64b80 new
  GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:834:gst_plugin_load_file:[00m Plugin 0x64b80 for file "/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so" prepared, calling entry function...
  GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:841:gst_plugin_load_file:[00m Plugin 0x64b80 for file "/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so" prepared, registering...
  GST_PLUGIN_LOADING gstplugin.c:540:gst_plugin_register_func:[00m plugin "/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so" looks good
   GST_DEBUG gstinfo.c:1302:gst_debug_reset_threshold:[00m category ffmpeg matches pattern 0x18098 - gets set to level 7

that's just from the /mnt/us/gst-inspect-debug-eink2.txt, I guess I should figure out how the "licensing" works then...

also there is no /usr/libexec/gstreamer-0.10/ folder on the device. so gst-plugin-scanner obviously can't live there...

I DO actually have a version of it though...

so I'll copy that across and see what happens...

[root@kindle libexec]# finder gst-plugin-scanner
(finder is just my "find" shell script)
/mnt/us/usr/libexec/gstreamer-0.10/gst-plugin-scanner

----------------------------------------------------------

Bit of an extra test:

Trying it the old fashioned way gives us:

[root@kindle games]# GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH=/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10 \
GST_PLUGINS_PATH=./plugins gst-launch filesrc location=pluto.avi \
! ffdemux_avi name=d ! queue ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! videorate \
! video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=5/1 ! videoflip method=3 \
! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! video/x-raw-gray, width=600, height=800 \
! eink ! fakesink d. ! queue ! ffdec_mp3 \
! volume volume=1 ! audioresample ! audio/x-raw-int, rate=44100, channels=2, \
endianness=1234, width=16, depth=16, signed=true ! alsasink device=plughw sync=false

Quote:
(gst-launch-0.10:22639): GStreamer-WARNING **: External plugin loader failed. This most likely means that the plugin loader helper binary was not found or could not be run.
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "eink"
whereas

[root@kindle games]# gst-launch filesrc location=pluto.avi ! ffdemux_avi name=d \
! queue ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! videorate ! video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=5/1 \
! videoflip method=3 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! video/x-raw-gray, \
width=600, height=800 ! fakesink d. ! queue ! ffdec_mp3 ! volume volume=1 \
! audioresample ! audio/x-raw-int, rate=44100, channels=2, endianness=1234, \
width=16, depth=16, signed=true ! alsasink device=plughw sync=false

Quote:
(gst-launch-0.10:22672): GStreamer-WARNING **: External plugin loader failed. This most likely means that the plugin loader helper binary was not found or could not be run.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstAudioSinkClock
^CCaught interrupt -- handling interrupt.
Interrupt: Stopping pipeline ...
Execution ended after 10544773629 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...
Which plays the sound fine. but obviously the video component is missing

Sigh. ah well gave it a go : ) again

at least I managed to get the registry to accept and update the presence of the ffmpeg and video stuff.
Perhaps a solution will present itself with these new tools in the medium term for those of us who just can't get this to work : )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_263.png
Views:	297
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	94653  

Last edited by twobob; 10-22-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: .registry.arm.bin, [root@kindle libexec]# finder gst-plugin-scanner /mnt/us/usr/libexec/gstreamer-0.10/gst-plugin-scanner
Old 10-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #158
twobob

Okay so after manually adding my BR built gst-plugin-scanner.
I now get

[root@kindle libexec]# gst-inspect libgsteink.so --gst-debug="*:7" 2> /mnt/us/gs
t-inspect-debug-eink-report.txt

Quote:
Plugin Details:
Name: libgsteink.so
Description: Plugin for blacklisted file
Filename: /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsteink.so
Version: 0.0.0
License: BLACKLIST
Source module: BLACKLIST
Binary package: BLACKLIST
Origin URL: BLACKLIST

0 features:
which is at last a start

So, note to others, I had to actually provide the missing application.
It's currently BLACKLISTed as far as I can make out but at least I can see the thing now

progress.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:10 AM   #159
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
I wish Ehhh could release the source code so someone else could work on this.

I confirm that KTPlayer used to work on my KT firmware 5.1.2 but now that I updated to 5.3.7, it throws a multitude of errors as shown below:

Spoiler:
(einkplayer:11522): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_caps_ref: assertion `GST_CAPS_REFCOUNT_VALUE (caps) > 0' failed

(einkplayer:11522): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_caps_ref: assertion `GST_CAPS_REFCOUNT_VALUE (caps) > 0' failed

Error: Internal data stream error.
End of stream
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote