Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-17-2014, 03:57 AM   #1
mihal.v
mihal.v began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G / iPad Air2
Question download cover from url

Is it possible to download cover from url... without saving it to disc?
mihal.v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:22 AM   #2
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think you need to explain download without saving - seems contradictory.

if you want to view the possible covers & then ignore that, that's already built-in
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2014, 06:33 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@mihal.v - In browser, Save Image/Picture as 'cover.jpg' into the relevant book folder.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:46 AM   #4
mihal.v
mihal.v began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G / iPad Air2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I think you need to explain download without saving - seems contradictory.

if you want to view the possible covers & then ignore that, that's already built-in
I meen... I want to find cover in internet, copy image (or image url) to clipboard, paste it into calibre. I didn't find if it is possible. Probably no
mihal.v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihal.v View Post
I meen... I want to find cover in internet, copy image (or image url) to clipboard, paste it into calibre. I didn't find if it is possible. Probably no
Copy the image into the clipboard (not the URL, the image). In calibre, type E to edit the metadata for the book. Go to the tab showing the current cover, right click on the cover, and choose "Paste".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Copy the image into the clipboard (not the URL, the image). In calibre, type E to edit the metadata for the book. Go to the tab showing the current cover, right click on the cover, and choose "Paste".
You dont even need to do that, you can just right click on the cover in the book details panel and paste.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote