Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #1
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Sort of sad, passing on my Kobo 1

Decided to pass my well used and utterly reliable Kobo 1 (original) to my son in law as his first ereader.

I am going to have a blast, though, loading a heap of PD books for him, plus I will buy a few ebooks he would be interested in reading.

This is his Christmas pressie, the end result of a scheme hatched between my wife, myself and his wife (my oldest daughter).

Still though, it will be a sad day of sorts as my Kobo never failed me and provided much enjoyment and relaxation.

I hope he likes it!
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:43 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Our two Kobo-1's are happily living with other families. One of the Kobo WiFi's has also found a new home .
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've done similar The two Kobo-1's have been passed on; one was donated to a church raffle sale, and I'm not sure what happened to the other one.

A WiFi was given to the minister, but still have two WiFi's left (I had broken the screen on one, and at that time was told I would have to pay a lot for the repair, so just bought a new one instead. Later their policy changed and I was able to get it repaired).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
I'm back on my kobo 1 100% after my WiFi got stolen in Europe. Still love this thing. Kobo 1 + Calibre = reading perfection.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Just begun to sort this out now for my son in law to get it all ready for Christmas. Remove my ebooks and add a stack of ebooks he likes. I snuck photos of his book collection early, talked to his wife (my daughter) and asked sneaky questions.

So now there is a short list of 100 ebooks ready to be loaded.

Just under two years ago I got my first ereader, a Sony PRS-300. The Kobo 1 was my first 6" ereader and has been faultless since I purchased it. Now I can give away an ereader to a family member and the whole exercise feels extremely good.

Looking forward to seeing him open up his gift from us!
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert