Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #16
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
I know 32GB micro-SD Class 10 is SUPPORTED on the PE. I just don't know if the speed difference between classes 4, 6 & 10 make a difference. I don't know how fast the PE can write to the card.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #17
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_of_the_PEs View Post
I know 32GB micro-SD Class 10 is SUPPORTED on the PE. I just don't know if the speed difference between classes 4, 6 & 10 make a difference. I don't know how fast the PE can write to the card.
I only meant to say that back when people first got their EEs and were trying out a variety of cards (we had a thread of which cards did/didn't work) the consensus was that people liked the 32GB class 10. I took that to mean they were pleased enough with the speed increase to warrant it, or at least, they didn't seem to think that a class 10 was a waste on the original EEs. Although I can't specifically recall anyone doing a comparison and reporting speed differences, lots of people tried a bunch of different SD cards and settled on the 32GB class 10. Take from it what you will.

What I don't know is the extent to which it's reasonable to expect the PEs to behave similarly with their micro SD cards.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #18
joie
joie began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
I've only had my PE for 2 weeks, but I did upgrade to Android 2.2.1 (Froyo). And it only took me 3 tries! I haven't messed around with using a micro-SD card yet. Am I to gather that if I put in a card to use for extra storage, i.e., books, music, etc., I'm going to lose all the PE internal memory? Just the space? Or apps and all? What if I loaded the books and music onto the card at the outset instead of moving them from the main memory to the card?

Sorry to seem so dense...I'm not a computer newbie by any means, but definitely a PE newcomer.

Thanks, everyone!
joie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #19
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
There is no logical reason you would loose the internal memory by adding a micro sdcard - it is just storage space, after all you wouldn't loose your memory on a computer if you added an extra hard disk. Just think of the sdcard as a ssd on a computer.

You can load directly on to the sdcard from your computer but I would let the PE see it first and check it. On my EE I tried to use a card that I'd formatted FAT but it didn't see it. When I reformatted it as FAT32 there were no problems - the same goes for USB sticks.

If I have a lot of manuals I want to transfer to the EE I just put the card in a reader and transfer them to the card that way. I find it much easier to do that than trying to use a bootable CD with windows on it since all the operating systems here are OS/2 and can cause problems if I'm not careful with attaching the EE and making sure it's recognised.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #20
Tinah
Enthusiast
Tinah began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I just uploaded the update that was available on my new PE. I stayed with Dingo for now. Before the update I had Dingo 1.6 Kernel 2.6.29, but after the update (and I followed thru), the version is still the same. Wondering if the version I was shipped was already updated...or if maybe I did something wrong.

Last edited by Tinah; 05-26-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Tinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert