Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #31
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Is that normal with the 950 and Apple? Because I have a MacBook Pro and am getting a 950, so I hope they'll work well together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
sun surfer, I am sorry you are not having a good experience with your store. At least the new sales person was nicer than the last girl you talked to and made an effort to help you, which is a little less frustrating. But still the store should be more informed... I would print out the information from the Sony website and take it with you to the store. It's probably a lot easier to just show them what you want and then hand them the ad if the price doesn't scan correctly at the register. Good luck!
Thanks again. I've decided to throw caution to the wind and wait until Monday (Cyber Monday) because the best Friday deal was the ongoing $249. If this bites me in the butt, and the price is up to $299 again then so be it I guess, I took the risk.

But I'm hoping I'll get a little something extra on Cyber Monday, either more money off or like an included case or something with the same $249 deal. And my plan is to print out the deal and go to the sonystyle store to get it that day for that price since they said that they match their online prices. Or I may just order it online if the best deal is somewhere else for the 950.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:58 PM   #32
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
sun surfer, I have a MacBook Pro (2008 generation). I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8. My MBP works fine with my 950. It also is supposed to work with Snow Leopard if you have a newer system than me.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 02:15 AM   #33
hzbmyers
hzbmyers began at the beginning.

Device: none
does the price of 249.99 USD will end in 11/27/10
I am also want to wait till the cyber monday come

but I am worried the price of sony prs-950 back to 299USD ,that's not well
hzbmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:28 AM   #34
eriksnoopy
Connoisseur
eriksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to behold

Device: Sony PRS-950 (broken screen) kobo aura hd
I gave up on the wait, ordered a 950, but its most likely that (if this "cyber monday" is a big deal and more so then the "black friday" ) they will probably offer the 950 at the same price of 249$ but throw in a case
eriksnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #35
cliq
Nameless Being

Bestbuy's price went up already

Now goes for $299.99 instead of $249.99 few hours ago!
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #36
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjluv View Post
Bestbuy's price went up already

Now goes for $299.99 instead of $249.99 few hours ago!
It is back to $299 at the online SonyStyle Store too! I'm not sure why people waited when they expressly stated the sale would end after the 27th!

If you buy it from Best Buy, and possibly other retailers too, and they lower the price in the 15 days following your purchase you can request a refund for the difference. I'm not sure if this is true for the SonyStyle Store though.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-28-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #37
cliq
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
It is back to at the online SonyStyle Store too! I'm not sure why people waited when they expressly stated the sale would end after the 27th!

If you buy it from Best Buy, and possibly other retailers too, and they lower the price in the 15 days following your purchase you can request a refund for the difference. I'm not sure if this is true for the SonyStyle Store though.
Thanks Jack! Most retailers now sell for $299.99. Will still have to wait it out... there might be something for Christmas

Last edited by cliq; 11-28-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #38
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I hate all of you who told me to wait!

LOL, just kidding. I got burned but it's all part of the game. It's fun trying to snap up the best deal....although in my case it's more like I let it slip right out of my fingers! But still, it was fun watching out for the best deal.

I'm not in a big hurry to get it - I was only planning to get it this week because of the deals, but, um, now they're gone. I still have my nook to tide me over for now, but I am itching to get the Sony soon.

And I can afford to get it at normal price, but that $199 not-meant-to-happen deal has given me expectations that are too high. That's why I didn't snap up the $249...it still seemed like too much after $199. But I've learned my lesson! If $249 comes around again, I will snap it up. If not, I will have one by Christmas one way or another!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #39
simulacrum
Connoisseur
simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.

Device: PRS-950
Unhappy

On the same page as others who missed out.. Really should have snapped it up for 250! But I've been thinking about which device to buy for a while and only decided on the PRS-950 last night.. couldn't bring myself to purchase it straight away. I'm used to taking a long time to make purchasing decisions.. damn me and my indecisiveness!

Anyway.. hopefully there'll be another sale sometime soon
simulacrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:29 AM   #40
cliq
Nameless Being

Waiting for new sale... I want to get the 950! Other option is just to grab the 650. If I buy the 950 from the US, I will eventually pay about 250€ which is the price I will get the 650 from the stores here

Old 11-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #41
esquire415
Enthusiast
esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 7" Notion Ink Adam
WTF! The PRS-950 is back up to $300 on Cyber monday??! I'm on the same boat as the others who missed the $250 price because of trying to anticipate that it goes lower today. This sucks man! Now I hope i can get it from my friend who's sister works for Sony. If she can get it, then at least I avoid the tax.

Last edited by esquire415; 11-29-2010 at 08:21 PM.
esquire415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #42
simulacrum
Connoisseur
simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.

Device: PRS-950
If someone hears of a deal on these or finds a place where they're still listed at 250.. Do kindly let the rest of us know!
simulacrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #43
jswinden
Nameless Being

I read an article yesterday on CNN (I think) that basically said that the so-called Cyber Monday is more myth than fact. Traditionally the best sales are in the three day period immediately following Thanksgiving Day with Black Friday being the best day.

The closer you get to Christmas and the more stock stores have retained, the more likely that you will find another deal. However, I suspect the profit margin on the Sony Readers is so low that retailers won't cut prices much unless Sony reduces the price to them. And most stores are not carrying a large stock of Sony Readers, so that lessens the chance of a good deal.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #44
nanoprinter
nanoprinter is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-950
PRS-950 deal seekers , here is your chance!
$259.97 with sony reader lighted cover
+ $25 sony ereader gift card
at tigerdirect : CyberTuesday 24hr sale
nanoprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoprinter View Post
PRS-950 deal seekers , here is your chance!
$259.97 with sony reader lighted cover
+ $25 sony ereader gift card
at tigerdirect : CyberTuesday 24hr sale
That is for the PRS-900, not the PRS-950.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
950, black friday, deal, prs-950, sony