Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
Professorshak
Professorshak began at the beginning.

Device: none
So I got the Nook wifi...

Today, I walked into BN, asked a bunch of questions, and walked out with a nook wifi and a case.

Now I love gadgets especially ones that have that star trek resemblance (heck i got the iphone 4 a day early). I read mostly newspapers and magazines with the occasional informative book.

The idea behind the purchase was that I try it for 10 days and if I don't like it, return it. BUT, I can't get the full experience unless I register.

If I register the nook will that pretty much void any chance of returning it?

Any advice If It does happen that I keep it?

Professorshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
You can return it if you register it, you just have to deregister it first.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
"nook nook nook nook"

Curly
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
What do you mean by registerring it? Like linking it to a B&N account or something?
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:41 PM   #5
Professorshak
Professorshak began at the beginning.

Device: none
Been using it for the past 2 hours, figuring things out and seeing how things look.

My inclination right now is to take it back. eInk is AWESOME but navigation is already annoying. The paper takes forever to download. I'll try it for 10 full days and see if I get used to it, otherwise I might just go with the iPad (unfortunatly)
Professorshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 12:13 AM   #6
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professorshak View Post
Been using it for the past 2 hours, figuring things out and seeing how things look.

My inclination right now is to take it back. eInk is AWESOME but navigation is already annoying. The paper takes forever to download. I'll try it for 10 full days and see if I get used to it, otherwise I might just go with the iPad (unfortunatly)

I haven't read any magazines on it yet, but I do download the Boston Globe a couple times a week.

I really enjoy it, Not sure why yours took a long time to download, mine usually takes about 30 to 40 seconds from the time I buy to the time it's on its on my nook and ready to read. It does depend on the strenght of the signal as well.

I think it displays and navigates really nice. The Go To section is the meat of navigatiing. The Nook imho does Newspapers really nice.

but something tells me overall you're going to be an iPad guy. I must admit the iPad does newspapers and magazine insane.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote