Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
my trip...

ok, so I saidI could reveal things when I came back from my trip... actually I think some of it I am going to have to keep quiet, but here goes...

my recently deceased father in law started living in Mexico 20 years ago. the first place he lived, he built a beautiful home in the country with local help, using local products. for whatever reason, about 5 years ago he decided that he wanted to buy a ranch, so he did... a fairly large one, about 10,000 acres. while he was looking for the right place, he met an American ex-pat (who shall be referred to as Bozo) who represented himself as a real estate agent, and actually handled the sale. shortly after the sale, my FIL got really sick and went back up to the states for treatment. to make a REALLY long story short, he ended up being hospitalized for about the next 9 months, after having died at least twice. gradually he recuperated and stayed in Missouri at my mother in law's, mother's house in Missouri. all the time he was recovering he corresonding with Bozo, giving him instructions on work to be done to restore the hacienda on the ranch, repair fences, etc. this was being overseen by an attorney and relative of his, that will be referred to as Bubba from here on out. eventually he improved enough to go back to Mexico and live in a rental while overseeing the construction work.

to make a REALLY long story short... after 3 years and about $350,000 US Dollars being spent in Mexico, there is nothing to show for it. when we went down there in December, we were really surprised at the lack of progress. after my FIL died, something that I had been told (several times) about Bozo started demanding attention in my brain. the statement was that he was working on obtaining his Mexican citizenship, hated the US and Americans. he also, theoretically owned and operated a successful safari business in Africa. I started doing some checking around, and found that going back to 1983, Bozo had a trail of default judgements against him for promising goods and services and not following through. the average judgement was for in excess of 50K. he's a con man. a REALLY GOOD con man.

I tracked him through several African countries (that he has been thrown out of), through California, and Florida. the Department of Justice has a file on him, as well as the Department of Fish and Wildlife. in one of the most stunnning cases against him, he abandoned a party of 6 people in a small African country, having not paid for their hunting permits, their camp fees, their return trips, let alone any lodging. he also had not paid their visas. they were literally about 6 hours away from being thrown in prison when they managed to get funds wired to them to be able to get out of the country.

I presented all of this information to Bubba. he insists that I have to PROVE beyond a shadow of doubt!!!! that he stold money from my FIL. this means I have to go back to Mexico and dig up information on Bozo. a country where people dissappear and are murdered on a regular basis. I'm pretty pissed off at Bubba right now
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
wow...

I wish you luck in catching this guy quickly.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Methinks Bubba is in on the scam too. And probably has bribed the Mexican officials to look the other way. Good luck! You may need Chuck Norris for this one!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
That is terrible and I would be so pissed if I were you. With that said, unless you can find the guy here in the states don't go to Mexico looking for him. In a country where the police and military are as corrupt as has been reported you would most likely end up being one of the people who got disappeared.

If on the other hand you have adequate back up for a small sized operation, I'll gladly volunteer to help you go find him. If he shows up at the FBI offices in Texas somewhere I'm sure they wont ask many questions!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Methinks Bubba is in on the scam too. And probably has bribed the Mexican officials to look the other way. Good luck! You may need Chuck Norris for this one!
we're a little bit worried about him being in on it. not sure if that is the deal or he is completely duped. the biggest issue, which I forgot to put in is that Bozo has Bubba convinced that the ranch needs to keep running until it can be sold. this of course means that Bozo is continuing to profit from the estate.

I may have the Chuck Norris factor handled. the ex SEAL, current man in black son unit is making noises about thinking his mama needs protection...
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
And then you can feed the pieces to Arwen, Strider, and Pi
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
And then you can feed the pieces to Arwen, Strider, and Pi
I don't think I care to ship them back
Old 05-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #8
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Go get 'em spot
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:53 AM   #9
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I wish you the best of luck in your quest for justice, kindlekitten. I know you are intelligent enough to be aware of the risks involved. Just be careful.
You are scum hunting in a cesspool.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:34 AM   #10
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
I wish you the best of luck in your quest for justice, kindlekitten. I know you are intelligent enough to be aware of the risks involved. Just be careful.
actually hunting in a teacup. there are just a hell of a lot of other variables
Old 05-25-2010, 06:38 AM   #11
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #12
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Can't say it any better than Recluse.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:18 AM   #13
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmmmm, I was close....not Washington, but Mexico and not spies, but scam artists.

KK is called up and on the trail. Pity those who get in her way.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #14
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
You see the size of her cat kenny???

She is so baaad ass she even has a lion as a pet.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #15
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hmmmm, I was close....not Washington, but Mexico and not spies, but scam artists.

KK is called up and on the trail. Pity those who get in her way.
well the meeting was in D.C. I am going to have to go to Mexico to get further proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
You see the size of her cat kenny???

She is so baaad ass she even has a lion as a pet.
RAWRRRRR!