Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #76
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
For those in need of ePUB editting, try Sigil. I find I use Calibre to convert to ePUB and then use Sigil to do alot of code cleanup and text reformatting. Works very nicely as it has a formatted page view, a code view or both.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:23 PM   #77
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
I like this kobo trick. Finally got around to snapping a pic tonight:

3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2010, 10:40 AM   #78
bookerz
bookerz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo reader
Inexpensive reader cover

I picked up a notepad folio (5.5 x 8.5) from Wal-mart for $8. Put a couple of strips of Velcro along the back on my reader and the folio. So for about $10 I got my reader protected and full access to all button and the usb port.

Just a thought and to me it beats that sleeve thing Kobo is trying to sell.

Bookerz
bookerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #79
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
My sister was in Chapters a couple of weeks ago and she mentioned that they now have book-style covers for the Kobo. Sure enough here they are. I *love* the moleskine cover. I am happy with my Roots sleeve, though.

3d0g, I'm going to look back through this thread now to see how you did that! My husband and I gave our two daughters our original Kobos when we upgraded to the WiFi model (they were constantly trying to steal them anyway) and I think it would be cute to have their pictures on it.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #80
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sao View Post
3d0g, I'm going to look back through this thread now to see how you did that! My husband and I gave our two daughters our original Kobos when we upgraded to the WiFi model (they were constantly trying to steal them anyway) and I think it would be cute to have their pictures on it.
Hang in there for the next firmware release to do it.
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #81
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d0g View Post
Thanks!
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #82
twokobos
twokobos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I found an old paperback book cover made of quilted material that has two pockets inside to slide onto the front & back cover. Darned if the kobo doesn't slip right in there nice & neat. I have to slide it out to read but the cover's good enough to keep everyday dust & purse fuzz off the machine. I also bought one of the zippered neoprene covers & travelled with it. It's too bulky for every day, but I was able to put the charging cable & USB plug converter in the front pocket for convenience. So I think each has a place.
twokobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #83
CaroB
CaroB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kindle
Question Picture wallpaper

Quote:
3d0g, how did you get your picture on the Kobo? Looks great! Was that on Kobo1?
CaroB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #84
3d0g
I make fjords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroB View Post
3d0g, how did you get your picture on the Kobo? Looks great! Was that on Kobo1?
Yes. The new firmware supports bitmap images. I just copied it across from my Mac.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #85
batkinson001
Kobo App user
batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Quote:
Yes. The new firmware supports bitmap images. I just copied it across from my Mac.
cool. if the original kobo (using 1.8.0/1/2) can do bmp txt and other new stuff (that I don't know about yet), what about the wifi one?

would be cool to have your own power off/sleep images instead of the book cover or not at all...

also, the PDF support comes in handy for my local bus schedule and route map... all it needs is "reflow" and it would be awesome.

edit: nope not yet...

Last edited by batkinson001; 01-01-2011 at 09:35 PM.
batkinson001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:40 PM   #86
Shushan
Bibliophile
Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Pandigital Novel, PC
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
there is the VIDEO POKER easter egg - press menu - select help - press menu - select help again and now you have a Video Poker game. (not particularly useful, but some people might like it)
Don't know unless I try it

Where exactly is "help"

Susan
Shushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:49 AM   #87
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
When firmware 1.8 was released for the original Kobo, one of the developers hinted on here that there was a second easter egg in addition to the poker game. Has anyone found this yet?
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:17 AM   #88
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0AT View Post
When firmware 1.8 was released for the original Kobo, one of the developers hinted on here that there was a second easter egg in addition to the poker game. Has anyone found this yet?
Pretty sure it was RTF and HTML support.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #89
3d0g
I make fjords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Pretty sure it was RTF and HTML support.
Nope.

AND the original Poker is no longer hidden under Help/Help.

Those sneaky developers...

Old 01-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #90
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
speaking of html support, where do you find those? I dragged and dropped an html file to the kobo and can't seem to find it under books or documents
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote