Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
dunster
dunster began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader
Problem downloading UPS label

Well, I had the same problem downloading a UPS label to send in my PRS-500 for an upgrade ( I got a blank page). After trying several times, making sure popups were allowed, etc. I called customer service. I did receive an email confirming that my upgrade request was registered but no UPS label in that email either. Sending a request by email to the email address to which inquiries are referred resulted in a snotty reply that this was the repair dept and I should take it up with service on the phone. It took over 30 minutes to get through to customer service, then got transferred and put on hold for over 20 minutes and a promise to send the label which has not happened yet. I plan to figure out which is the best alternate reader for my next purchase just so I do not have to deal with Sony's web site, service personnel or attitude to customer service. I wonder if anyone at Sony realizes how much customer relations affects loyalty even to the point of driving people to inferior hardware.
dunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
taildragger-j3
Writer AND Reader
taildragger-j3 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Sorry you've been having such a hassle. I don't know what I did differently, but mine downloaded without a hassle. The label opened in a separate window, clicked on the "print" button, and out it popped.

Likewise my contact with the people @ Sony has been pleasant. They got my upgraded 500 back in about a week INCLUDING Thanksgiving holiday.
taildragger-j3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When I registered a 500 to send it, the label that I got from Sony's website was cut off a bit. But when I got the email, there was a link to the label that worked just fine. This was all without having to call anyone.

The only time i had to call someone was when the repair status kept showing that the 500 was not yet scanned in. But when I called, the person on the phone told me that the 500 was actually being worked on and would be shipped the next day. And it was. Just had to wait an extra day because of Thanksgiving.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote